sump ??

a>

ok how does it work. like how does it go on the tank and what all will i need to do one i have hob's right now so that is why i am asking

jgilley84;178594 wrote: well i would but it has sand rock and water in it

all you have to do is lower the water level aabout 4" , and yes you can do it , ive done it several times. As long as the tank is not tempered its easy, just get a spray bottle and spray the bit with water as someone drills the tank.

its easy. put the overflow box on the tank. the water goes into the sump, than the pump puts water back in the tank. and the cycle begins again.

here is what I am doing.
First get the overflow (which you can likely get a good one secondhand here)
waterline tubing that can transport the water from the overflow to the sump tank.

the sump tank design is totally up to you, but I do not have room for a traditional sump, so I am using a 5g bucket. A large PVC (4in) to hold the bio balls (or other compatible medium) the water from the tank goes onto the bioballs, and if you have more space than the 4 in like me, you'll need a drip plate to ensure even flow. a small hole or two in the bottom of this pipe so water can come out to the rest of the bucket; than the pump that is in the bucket pushes the water into the tank via another tube.
...for your 44g, you'll need to push around 300g/h.

learn about the max head of a pump, because it may say 300 g/h but if you have the pump 6ft below the tank, it will loose pressure, and you may not get any flow at all.

Ask any questions for more detail of course, and anyone is open to tell me I'm wrong...

nah, I'm still trying to get a pump. I've been looking for a good deal on a second hand because I can't afford a good pump at the LFS (mostly because my HOB works fine).

(Lifereef.com) One of the best HOB filters out there. I have been using them since I got in this money pit of a hobby and have yet for one to lose syphon. Check out the website and you will see exactly what you need. Will cost you around $100-200 depending on how much flow you need. the 700gph overflow you can use a Mag 9.5 the 1300 gph model you can use a Mag 12 or equivalent pump.

A picture of the bucket, overflow and bvc
my.php
>
bucketod6.th.jpg
alt="" /></a>

A picture of the tubing and the return pipe
my.php
>
tubingxc1.th.jpg
alt="" /></a>

And a picture of my emperor
my.php