Sun coral

following this URL:
a>

Thats pretty neat, how much do they usually run? I wanted this corals but can't find it...

I have a sun coral that is doing pretty good. The only thing that I have found is it likes to be in a shadow of a rock and also like to be fed directly. Not sure if you have done that already.

Yup had one too. I generally fed every day at least one piece of mysis or brine to each polyp....each polyp is like an individual person, they all need to be fed. And these guys don't typically care for light, so the lower the light area you have the better.

Yeah, Chris had a really cool one in his frag tank. I was at his place last Saturday and it was still there.

i want it but cant afford it and the care involved is a lil more than i want right now

they are beautiful tho!

Yes I built a cave for it this morn, seems to be happier in there during the day, it stays a little inflated in the cave. I have been doing the 2 liter bottle feeding tech for it. As for cost it was $40 for @6"rock with around 25 heads on it. seemed like a good deal to me. They look pretty even when they are closed. It hasnt fully blossomed yet only had it for like 4 or 5 days, but that could have been due the the light, it was 1/2 opening the tenacles at night.

I have enough time to spend on it, I feed my candy canes and now my acan every night every other night and I have enough light to support my corals but it is not overly bright, plus I can always build a cave.

Jamos, $40 bucks sound like it was a great deal... I might see what Chris is askin for the one he has got.

It seems that sun corals are always slow to open.

Sometimes they never do.

But once they open and you have them feeding they seem to do good. Ours is actually sprouting new heads.

Some lfs will try to jack up the prices on the sun corals. I know a store that is charging $25 per head. So just be careful. My friend got me one a little while back for $40 and it had both the yellow and the orange on it.

Well just an update, the sun coral seemed to like the shade better cause I checked it last night and it was opened more than ever but still not all the way.

here is a photo of my sun coral that I took a picture 4 months ago. I am lazy lately to feed so some heads are dead. but there are a lot of small new heads growing
<u><span style="color: #22229c">
DSC03901.jpg
alt="" /></span></u>
thanhreef
></a>

Mine does rather well. I have orange and yellow ones. It's cramed up under a ledge so it doesn't get much light. Comes on nightly so I can spot feed it. Who knows how it's doing, but it comes out nightly and new heads are growing so I think it's doing ok.

Matt

Just an update on the suncoral seems to be doing good, eating soaked mysis shrimp now, it ate a cube tonight. Mine still doesnt have it tenacles out like the one 2 posts up but they are out some at night.

I've been told that it takes a couple of weeks in a new tank before the tenacles come out. Keep feeding it as you are and in time it will adjust to the tank. Mine will fully blossom during the day if I am feeding corals during the day. Yesterday I was feeding the corals to show the boys down the block how the corals response. They were amazed at the transformation of the sun coral. They thought it was the coolest thing.

Good luck with yours.

Well the tentacles are coming out but they are really small...so hopefully they will fill out. At least I know PTA eating cause with mysis I can see it swallow them.

Back