Suncoral

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
My daughter is picking me up a LARGE head (9-10) for 48.00...is that good price?

I have seen heads that size at pet land alph for $20.

More then the price is the condition the coral is in. The are in fairly bad shape in most LFS and thus are not worth the price. The trick is to get the thing from the LFS as soon as they get them in and feed it alot right off the back to get it to bounce back.

I had them order it and they just came in today...still in the bag....daughter is picking them up AND paying for it...Im sooooooo lucky lol

btw thanks for the note on 20.00 for that... now I feel like Im getting ripped too lol uuugh

LOL... Not ripped if it is good quality and you are willing to put in the work it needs. My sun is the most demanding coral I have, but my favorite

Where should he be in relationship to the lighting?

most people put them in a shaded area to fill out the tank, but it must be where you can easily reach it to feed it

Exactly... they do not need any light... just make sure you can get to it to feed it because it needs almost daily, targeted feeding.

OMG This is not what I ordered...of course the heads are in ATM, there has to be 65-70 heads on this thing....its HUGE!! Ill post pics later....will it come out at all in lighting? I cannot put this in shade....Its the size of a baseball with heads ALL around it....

I suggest you read up a bit on sun corals and what they need...

Here is a good place to start:
a>

Im excited that it was as large as it is but worries me that its too big to handle first time round....If I keep it Im going to have to change my aquascape to make a cave type dwelling for him...uuugh

Or frag it and sell some to cover your cost!

20 bucks/5 heads........

Line starts here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do not need a cave for him.. Heck, mine sits right under my 175W halide and is not bothered. Just make sure it is in an area that you can feed it..

On an side note, if you do not keep it, I might jump on it, I love sun corals! ;)

Just looked at the pic...Its BRIGHT Orange...that looks dull

ok............ $25 for 5 heads!

You make it sound so enticing......

Funny thing is I never fragged anything before..chisel, hammer and nails right? Truly though...Im pretty new :)

Brandon?................. I've never fragged a SunCoral, wouldn't want to tell you wrong.

Mayber best to sell me the whole piece!.......... LOL

PM jeep9783 and ask him. He was explaining to us how he did it. I believe he scored it with a razor blade little by little over a period of time.

Back