Suncoral

Maybe trades for fun corals would be better...will help me fill this tank...I REALLY didnt expect this to be soooooooooo big

I bookmarked http://www.melevsreef.com/suncoral.html">this</a> when I first started researching suncorals. Good info here.

~Linda

Hm, mushrooms, GSP and assorted leathers aren't to interesting.....

I'd still like to frag you off half of a $50 dollar bill for 5 polyps though....

Ya fragging a sun coral is like most "ball" LPS corals. Best to be done with a wet saw and not the best coral to try you first fragging adventure with. I would suggest that if you do not want to keep it, you sell it whole and pick up a smaller piece more like 5-10 heads.. (pick me, pick me) ;)

Ya my main colony is but I am not hacking them up.. I was more or less kidding.. I do have a colony that I am nursing baclk to health that if it comes back fully has polyps as round as my finger! But it has a bit to go to come back to health.

Sooner or later, I'll find that perfect sun coral. Its out there, i know it is, just waiting on me............

Lets make sure mine comes around ok Dakota...with some help from a experienced (brandon...ahem) fragger Im sure we can make something happen :)

Did I say B R A N D O N? lol

Fragging is auctually pretty easy i just took a razor blade and about 1 a week cut the section that i wanted to frag with razor blade to keep from damagaing any tissue or what not, after that will notice a die off of about 1/8in where u have been cutting in the same spot for about 4 weeks, then gently tap that spot ounce or twice a day till it falls off, i did this and i did not loose one single head all though time consuming very rewarding.

Chris

If you're really wanting smaller, I can trade you the one I got from Chris/jeep and pay you the difference.

I'm always looking for larger :D

Just starting opening up today...will give it some Juice and see if it will open for some dinner tonight...

Its been just about 4 days and the Sun is just starting to open...spent some time today basting with some Mysis juice and the yellow started peeking out..About 10 minutes ago I put a cut bottle on top of it and basted with Mysis..Id say theyre about 50% out. Lights are now off...Getting excited here :)

Congrats on them opening up1! They're a lot of work, but they are beautiful.

As for fragging, not everyone has a wetsaw hanging around... So the rest of us peons just use dremels and chisels.

Back