Tangs

gixxer600

Market
Reaction score
I have a yellow tang Currently and i am wantiong to add more. Everybody that i have talked with said that i need to have odd numbers so they will not be aggressive towards each other. I was wondering if this had any truth behind it or they just wanted me to spend more money. Thanks for the help

They would do fine. The Naso will grow quite large and the hippo's are tough to find a good one (healthy).

Odd numbers always help. You'll find that the yellow will be the most aggressive out of the 3.

When I had an even number of yellows, they ganged up on one of them and killed it. Now they're fine with each other.

I have a yellow, hippo, and naso. I say it's a perfect combo. You can only do 2 tangs too. I had the yellow and hippo for awhile until I added the naso.

I don't think they need to be in odd numbers. Your best bet is to put in one that is significantly larger. Then the yellow will be fine. They should be in at least 4' of swimming space.

i have a 90 gal tank. My yellow is about 3-4" so i will try to get everything else around the same size.

It was war at first but seems to be working for now.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Not to hijack your thread but how do you go about finding a HEALTHY hippo tang? I have one in QT right now that I don't think will last the night. It is very small, I will get a larger one next time. In the LFS I had them feed it and it did eat, brine shrimp though. Any suggestions?

Back