Tangs

twinytwin

Market
Reaction score
All right I know the rule of thumb with tang is to keep them in odd numbers... I have a sailfin tang and a slighty larger powderbrown... Powder brown was added a couple of days ago and is already chasing the sailfin...I went to cap bay today and saw some small tomini tangs which is small enough to put in my 12 nano cube... should i introduce it with the other 2 tangs or should i introduce it to the 12gal... oh i thought i saw somewhere on here that someone was looking for an achillies tang...cap bay has got a nice one about 4inches for $99

Tiny Twin--

a 12 gallon cube IS IN NO WAY big enought for any tang. However small--the LFS may have had it in a 12 cube b/c they anticipate it to sell really quickly and not need anything larger--I'd barely justify putting a couple of clowns in a 12 cube let alone 3 tangs-?! I'm not coming down on you hard or anything, but that's really not good at all for any tang to live in a tank that size. Look on MarineDepot.com 's website--they have minimum tank sizes for each fish (the majority anyways). Keep in mind that's the MINIMUM-and sometimes to me they put a fish in a smaller tank than it needs to be-but just keep in mind that's in minimum tank size. Hope this helps

oh, and BTW--if a fish store tells you that you can keep a tang in a 12 gallon-RUN for the door-because they're out to sell you something that isn't in your best interest. Don't know if that LFS told you it was ok or not-but 12 gallon tank isn't near enough even for one tang-

no they didnt tell me to that it was ok..i was just saying that it is so small that it could prob fit inside one, thats how small it is... i just want to see if it could be added with the other 2 tangs which are much larger

To answer your question, it might be ok, but I would add one a little bigger than the ones in your tank--just like I said, not a 12 gallon cube--sorry to kick a dead horse; lol

the pbt will probably destroy him, especially since he's small. You can always try it though, but be prepared to yank him out if all hell breaks loose.

Bleedingthought;158487 wrote: But yeah, I wouldn't even try it with a small tomini if the tank is on the small side. What size tank is it anyways? :)

12 GALLONS!!!!

There's no way 3 tangs can survive in a 12 gallon jar! Please tell me they are in a much bigger tank.

if it comes down to you needing to yank him out you can borrow the 55g in my garage.

thank you all everything is good... all is calm in the tank...blind thanks for the offer but if it came down to it i will just take one of them to work and put them in the 800 gallon pond. my other job was kind enough to house aquarium showcases 800 gallon pond and all its live rock, coral and most of the small reef fish while they move locations.

Back