Tank acting weird!!

mockery

Market
Reaction score
so my buddy has had a 46 bow for a little more than a year now and everything had been great until about 2 weeks ago. now nothing is growing and both his Green BTA and RBTA have turned white but are still feeding. His xeina that was once taking over has no died off. His live stock is 1 clown, 6 line wrasse,1 yellow tang. He has done 3 or 4 6ga water changes and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas let me know and i will relay it to him.

Water params, lighting changes, and/or other tank changes would be useful.

Did he do a large water change after the xenia died? Are there algae problems?

No nothing has change. no alge problem. That is what makes it weird.

Obviously something has changed. Let us know:
pH:
KH:
Ca:
NO3:
PO4:
And the last time he changed his light bulbs.

Ditto...Somthing has changed. Has he/she been doing routine water changes? What are the prams? Any new bulbs? New heaters/ Heaters removed/broken....If everything is cool one day it is usually cool the next. Something has the boys upset... It could be the smallest thing that you normally wouldn't even think about. Sit down, have a beer, and think about EVERYTHING that has happened to the tank recently...Have another beer and do it again. Sooner or later you will say, "AHA"!....Or you will be drunk and you won't care....untill tomorrow....And then you can do it all again!

DannyBradley;143495 wrote: Obviously something has changed. Let us know:
pH:
KH:
Ca:
NO3:
PO4:
And the last time he changed his light bulbs.

Don't know his parameters yet. All i know is that the lights are all less than a year.

Family reefer- can't do that cause we aren't 21. :grrr: SO i guess coke will have to do.

Blind- He doesn't think so but he is not home all the time

Xenia has a "crash phase" where the colonies will suddenly die off very, very rapidly for almost no apparent reason. That might have nothing to do with it, but just one more thing to explore.

Back