tank cycle ive got no1, 2, 3 steady

jenkins2212

Market
Reaction score
Just got my 55 not to long ago and started to cycle
But ive already got no1,2,3 and they are staying steady?

amm- .25
nitrite- 4
nitrate- 12.5

These have all stayed steady since i started testing
Im using lr, ls, and the blue filter sponge and lr ruble along with new sponge in the cinister filter. Im also using cycle (it helped in my 20). I started the cycle with two cocktail shrimp until the amm shot up then i removed them and have been ghost feeding. Shouldnt my amm have spiked before my nitrates?

Travis

thanks man i dont know whats going on because my 20 cycled just fine with just a hob filter and a shrimp. I was thinking that using everything with beneficial bacteria already it would cycle quicker and easier.

Yeah theoretically. I would definately wait until ammonia and nitrite reach 0. I used LR and LS though and a domino damsel. Most would say this is cruel, but I was told if I used LR and LS I wouldn't have an ammonia spike and I didn't I also did not do a water change until ammonia and nitrite were 0. Be sure ph is in check too 8.0-8.4. Gonna be a fish-only or a reef?

I am not one to give too much unsolicited advice but I am going to in this case. Do not make my mistakes when I started in this hobby and try to do too much too soon. I took advice from a bad LFS (not in this area) and I had everything I could in a 37 gallon tank as fast as I could.

I have since avoided my original mistakes and have started three successful tanks since my first. Be patient and if you have any doubts...wait and then wait some more. You will be very thankful in the long run.

Best of luck!

Reef tank. the ph is fine
everything is going down im just wondering why everything was spiked at the same time?

yeah im not rushing anything. Actually i was wondering why everything shot up so quick.

everything ive read and read and read say that amm will go up then down as no2 goes up then down and then no3.But everything is up at the same time and now dropping at the same time

ph is high i just tested its 8.6

xenia on the live rock is doing awsome though. Its doing a thousand times better then it ever did in the 20

Back