Tank on wood floor - Help

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having my floors replaced this week with hardwood. I am worried about water spills from the tank ruining the floors. Can anyone provide me with some insight as to how they handle their water spills on wood or some ideas as to how to protect the floors? I already use towels but often still wind up with water on the floors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

I had a tray made by Tony Tran to fit in my cabinet, which will hold the sump. I ordered a new Apex & have the liquid sensors from my old one to go in the tray. The Apex will shut off the return, if the sensors detect water.

My water changes & ATO will be automated with redundant level sensors tied to the Apex.

As for glass cleaning, gravel vacuuming & other maintenance, I’m debating the mat? My concern with a mat is, if water gets underneath it. Then it’s trapped there!

I have an apex and the fluid monitor but no probes. I already have a tray in my stand but a snail caused my skimmer to spill it's return water into the stand and overflow the acrylic tray onto the floor a while back. I have never fully connected the Apex so maybe I will do that this time and add the matt as a backup.

Thanks.

I had a tray made by Tony Tran to fit in my cabinet, which will hold the sump. I ordered a new Apex & have the liquid sensors from my old one to go in the tray. The Apex will shut off the return, if the sensors detect water.

My water changes & ATO will be automated with redundant level sensors tied to the Apex.

As for glass cleaning, gravel vacuuming & other maintenance, I’m debating the mat? My concern with a mat is, if water gets underneath it. Then it’s trapped there!

I have an apex and the fluid monitor but no probes. I already have a tray in my stand but a snail caused my skimmer to spill it's return water into the stand and overflow the acrylic tray onto the floor a while back. I have never fully connected the Apex so maybe I will do that this time and add the matt as a backup.

Thanks.

You might also consider putting a sensor in your sump, and program the Apex to turn off that skimmer if the sensor trips, in case it happens again? Just a thought.

Another suggestion is to test for whatever condition you are trying to prevent or mitigate. In this case, block your skimmer, then see if it works as planned...before it has to!

You might also consider putting a sensor in your sump, and program the Apex to turn off that skimmer if the sensor trips, in case it happens again? Just a thought.

Another suggestion is to test for whatever condition you are trying to prevent or mitigate. In this case, block your skimmer, then see if it works as planned...before it has to!

Will do. Thanks!

Back