Tank overflow drainage through the floor: silence?

Bassett22;1104325 wrote: If you havent already drilled a whole through your hard wood floors, can I make a suggestion? Im planning a basement fish room in the future with the display upstairs, I plan on cutting a large square of sheet rock out of the wall and actually drilling the wholes through the 2x4 bottom plate inside the wall. Its much easier to patch sheet rock and fill the drilled holes with expanding foam in the future if I ever remove the tank.You should have up to 3.5 inches x 14.5 inches to fit all the piping between 2 studs. (or more if you want to expand the whole larger then 2 studs)

Unfortunately, the upper floor is on a poured concrete basement wall. The concrete basement wall is fully under the sill plate on the upper wall, so it won't go through without a severe turn. There is also temperature to consider as the walls aren't really well insulated. Those issues aside, I wouldn't run through the wall due to concern over breakage/leaking. I wouldn't want to have to replace or repair an entire load bearing external wall if something drastic were to happen.

At this point, I will use a register sized slot that will have a panel that I can set between the pipes to cover the gap. That will also allow me to run the lines vertically.

Bassett22;1104325 wrote: If you havent already drilled a whole through your hard wood floors, can I make a suggestion? Im planning a basement fish room in the future with the display upstairs, I plan on cutting a large square of sheet rock out of the wall and actually drilling the wholes through the 2x4 bottom plate inside the wall. Its much easier to patch sheet rock and fill the drilled holes with expanding foam in the future if I ever remove the tank.You should have up to 3.5 inches x 14.5 inches to fit all the piping between 2 studs. (or more if you want to expand the whole larger then 2 studs)
I should of said this before. That what my dad did. Worked great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back