Tank question

Why am I too stupid to figure out how this thing works? It came without instructions, purchased on Amazon
So the float part goes into the container. Mark how high you want the float to be and that is where you will drill your hole. Just enough to get the threads through the wall. The grey nut and washer go on the outside of the container. The elbow that is attached to the float will be clocked to 12 o'clock. If you are using RO line the white extra piece gets threaded to the theads of the float then the RO line just slips into the connection. The blue extra piece is if you are using bigger tubing. The tubing would slip over it.

Reactions: bzb
Are you using gravity to rig an Auto Topoff?
These are for my water station tanks. If I'm running water through RO can I install it in a way that would stop the water flow or do I have to be here to shut off the water source manually? Want one in the salt tank too so water will stop pumping from fresh to salt when container is full....is that possible?

These are for my water station tanks. If I'm running water through RO can I install it in a way that would stop the water flow or do I have to be here to shut off the water source manually? Want one in the salt tank too so water will stop pumping from fresh to salt when container is full....is that possible?
It should work to shut down the flow. I added a booster pump so I could get my PSI to around 90psi to get the best out of the RO membrane in the RODI unit. My booster pump will automatically shut off once it feels the back pressure of the float shutting the flow down.

It should work to shut down the flow. I added a booster pump so I could get my PSI to around 90psi to get the best out of the RO membrane in the RODI unit. My booster pump will automatically shut off once it feels the back pressure of the float shutting the flow down.
My home water pressure is so incredibly high I dont need a pump, it's going into the RODI directly from the hose. We have the waste line going directly to a drain so I'm not sure what the ratio is between waste and good water. My inline e pressure gauge and inline tds meter is supposed to be delivered today so we'll se then where we are.

My home water pressure is so incredibly high I dont need a pump, it's going into the RODI directly from the hose. We have the waste line going directly to a drain so I'm not sure what the ratio is between waste and good water. My inline e pressure gauge and inline tds meter is supposed to be delivered today so we'll se then where we are.
The ratio of good water to waste water depends on your RODI unit. Some go as high as 3 waste to 1 good...Some a 1 to 1 ratio.

I wouldn't worry to much about fish that have been in other, non-store, systems for a decent amount of time. Say 6+ months. The main things you need to worry about would have killed the fish by that point. Ich... if you have Tangs you're pretty much going to have it. Just make sure you have Seachem Metro & Focus on hand along with some Mysis shrimp to add the dose to.

I got a Purple Tang from a system that had no fish added to it for three years. Put it in a QT to observe it for a couple days, looked great. Then moved it to an acclimation box in the display. Within 6hrs in was covered in Ich. Which in turn made sure that if it wasn't already in the system it was then. Treated all fish with the treatment listed above and never saw it again. I know it was there but healthy, unstressed, fish will fight it off.

The ratio of good water to waste water depends on your RODI unit. Some go as high as 3 waste to 1 good...Some a 1 to 1 ratio.
I have the BRS 4 stage (we already have a whole home system installed at the source inlet) 100gpd unit. I'm not sure of the ratio because the waste is going down the drain, just know there's a constant flow thru the waste line.

Might be a good idea to get a tds meter and maybe a pressure meter. They are fairly cheap but it will get you a good idea. Very helpful when knowing it is time to change something.

I have the BRS 4 stage (we already have a whole home system installed at the source inlet) 100gpd unit. I'm not sure of the ratio because the waste is going down the drain, just know there's a constant flow thru the waste line.
I know you mentioned the float valve earlier, but you also need the auto shutoff for it to work with the rodi system and I believe you have to pump. I finally installed it on my system after flooding my garage a couple times, luckily I did because it saved my butt the other day. I 6keft it on all night again, it would have been at least 50 gallons on my floor if it wasn't for the auto shutoff. Greatest investment for forgetful people like me!

drill a hole. the threaded part goes through. The part in the baggie screws on the outside and accepts your 1/4 RODI tubing. The other part looks like a pump adapter of some sort?

Back