Tank room build started

lilrobb

Market
Reaction score
So,

thanks to some very fine folks here from the ARC (Barry and Eric) I am finally getting my dream come true and the build of my sump room started, I have an album going on Picasa that I will update from time to time.

So here you are, ENJOY

And thanks again to the two friends that made this possible (and probably did most of the work too) :sad:

Robb

TankRoomBuild

Good for you. Glad to see things coming together for you. Apartment living sux..I guess I just have to keep living vicariously through these build threads...lol.

Those shots from behind are not flattering... pattern baldness and all.

Time to break out the Schick again.

Haha Dave,
We're far from your awesomeness, but held up pretty well building the walls straight and square.
Now, when it comes to my canopy in the next weeks - I will need to contact you, I won't even be able to cut a piece of wood straight enough for that...

Robb

Looking great Robb! Let me know if you need some help with anything!

And just for clarification,
This room will not hold the main display tank, only the technics of it, a frag system and another softie-only DT.
The main system will be dedicated to hard corals of all species.
This tank will reside on the front of the wall, facing the 'man cave' with bar, darts and billiard table.

Robb

grouper therapy;417128 wrote: That crew with power tools scares me? lol
Them using a level is even scarier

Amen to that I was there only had the level a few times though!!!

Robb we need some more pics with you actually doing something on the build and you are more than welcome.

LilRobb;417150 wrote: And just for clarification,
This room will not hold the main display tank, only the technics of it, a frag system and another softie-only DT.
The main system will be dedicated to hard corals of all species.
This tank will reside on the front of the wall, facing the 'man cave' with bar, darts and <span style="font-size: 14px">billiard table</span>.

Robb

Got my room ready????

You should buck the system and get a REAL billiard table, rather than a pocket table. That would be cool.

I wouldn't know what the difference is, I have a particular in mind already.

And if a certain someone could operate the camera there would be some pics to show that I was good at handing things to the real workers... LOL

Robb when you come a get that frag I'll show your our table, from olhausen. Great table and everything.

LilRobb;417159 wrote: And if a certain someone could operate the camera there would be some pics to show that I was good at handing things to the real workers... LOL

You were ok I guess at drilling holes....

I'm not sure if you have everything already planned out and stuff, but if you haven't already done so, I'd suggest checking out other tank / sump rooms - there are several of us who have gone through it.

If you're interested in seeing mine, just PM me.

Back