Tarzan Jane Expecting!!

cmjazz89

Market
Reaction score
:yay: Thought they were acting weird, looked in the tank today and yup, just what I though. Parents and fry are doing well. Anyone know how long before they hatch?

(Eggs are on the far right in orange, need to get a macro lens)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
110327=6778-DSC_8525.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
110327=6778-DSC_8525.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_8525.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Takes just over a week for hatching but that Chromis appears to have another plan.

they probably wont hatch because there are other fish in your tank it is mre likely that they will eat the eggs i you want to raise them it is hard work i plan on doing this in the next two ears if my clowns ever do bread

the clowns are very protective of the eggs, not allowing anyone near them, but I'm sure most will be lost during hatching. However, if I can save a few, it might be worth a try. Just trying to figure out when to expect the hatching to have a better chance to save as many as possible.

Thought about moving the rock to another tank, but wasn't sure if that's a good idea base on their behavior.

The biggest problem with raising the fry is food. Even if they avoided predation in your tank, they would not be able to survive, IMO. Usually, when they hatch, they are initially fed rotifers. It will be pretty difficult to provide food for them in a display tank. Good luck, though. And beatiful percs.

I plan to put a fine net over the eggs and then move the fry to a small 10g tank that I have. I'm reading up on all the requirements, etc. and give it a good try. Worst case, they make great food for the fish.

best way to catch the eggs is to put a tile by were they bread and it make sit for easy in and out

Sweet, good luck man. But like sammy said, that chromis looks like he is waiting for Tarzan to go out hunting .

rearing clownfish is easy in concept, and ridicuklously hard in practice. The last time I tried it, I spend probably about $300-$400 in equipmen, food, accessories, etc. (not counting my time, labor, utilities), and had 4 survive to the point where someone else could tell they were clowns. I ended up giving them away ( i wanted to do it for fun, not for profit), but I wont ever do it again. It is VERY labor intensive. You need to be prepared many weeks out before the clowns lay the eggs in order tio get a good start. Now, I just let them lay eggs, hatch in the tank, and let nature takes its course.

Back