TDS Creep in RO/DI system

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
My RO/DI system is currently mounted under the sink in the kitchen. The tank is about 10 feet to the left of the sink with the fridge and dishwasher between them. I currently just mix water in a storage bin and keep a few gallons on standby for filling my top off container. I'm looking to automate my top off setup a little more. I'm planning to run a 1/4" solenoid in front of the RO/DI unit hooked to a float switch in my top off container so that every few days it will fill up automatically. I can run a 15ft hose behind the fridge and through the wall to the tank from under the sink no problem, but am I better off keeping the unit under the sink and running a hose off the output, or putting the unit in the stand so there's only 2ft max of hose from the unit to the top off container. It's a 150 GPD unit and takes about 3 hours to fill my 6 gallon storage container, so figure it will be on for less than 3 hours every 3.5 days (I evap less than 1.5 GPD).

I have room in the stand for the unit and a small trash can or can put a big container behind the stand (but won't have good access should something go wrong), or I may even build another cabinet to go beside the stand that can house the RO/DI unit and container, but basiclly my question is how will the short on / long off times affect TDS creep if the hose runs 15ft from the sink vs. 2 feet inside the stand, or will it even be affected?

Thanks!

Back