TDS results

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I just tried out my TDS meter I picked up at meeting and was wondering what ya'll thought about its results;
RODI water--8PPM
waste water--220PPM

Is it time to change my filters?? If not-at what point??

that sounds right first off how old is your ro unit ....are the cartridges new ....most ro/di have a 98% rejection that sound really good to me what is it going into the ro and do you have a di if you add a di or another di should bring it to zero....funny cause i was having this talkl with sam from aquabuys today

it is a little ...but how high is it before it goes into the ro unit and how old it it

the cartridges are about a year old--I 've got an extra set-just didn't want to change them before they neededit--sounds like I need to, though--haven't measured going in; will do tha tnext--which stages should I change?

just messure your tap water man and you should change all your cartridges often about every 3 months for the life of the membrain i canged mine out 3 times this year that i had them ....after you change them give us more readings

Most likely you need to change the sediment filter and the carbon blocks. Back flush the unit too. You may need to change your di resin.

8ppm is high for me. Mine reads zero. It went up to 3 ppm and I changed my prefilters. The sediment filter was $4 and the carbon was $8 (i think) from Sam.

I agree, the output of the DI stage should be 0. Are you sure you used an extrememly clean vessel to put the water in? What does your tap water measure? If you measured it correctly and your output is 8, you need a new DI cartridge for sure...

My tap water is around 50
Output of RO around 2
output of DI at 0

ericmcj31;141146 wrote: I just tried out my TDS meter I picked up at meeting and was wondering what ya'll thought about its results;
RODI water--8PPM
waste water--220PPM

Is it time to change my filters?? If not-at what point??

This is not enough info to detirmine anything. We need to know your tap TDS.

If i work your numbers backwards, your tap water would have to be about 180 TDS for your RO to be working correctly.

I'll check on all this tomorrow-thanks for all the info, guysbeen a major help-i'll report details tomorrow or Fri. morn.

at this point-I'm debating going to sleep-i'm only gonna get like 5 hours-

Make sure you r/o unit has been running for at least an hour before testing. When they kick back on they tend to loosen and kick out some waste.

I just tested my tap water--and a bottle of Crystal Springs bottled water--here are readings-
tap water: 120
bottled water: 75

I thought the bottled water was a little high myself-what do ya'll think?

Back