Tell me about keeping Jellyfish

alikat

Market
Reaction score
I'm very tempted to buy one of those desktop jellyfish tanks. I've had reef tanks before. How do jellyfish tanks upkeep compare? Anything else I need to think of?

My local fish store has a tank on sale that comes with a whole bunch of stuff, water, and 2 jellyfish for $300. Am I going to do better than that?

Thanks!

One of the members has gotten rid of his reef tank and have started a jellyfish, he have  mentioned that maintenance, long haul expenses and the rest is way different than keeping a reef tank..

Personally I wouldn't feel the sense to interact with my pet, like every time I get closer to the tank and they see me and get exited thinking it's time to eat again, it's just my personal opinion.

I would think that it would be much easier. Just water changes and feeding. No need to worry about alk and calcium, or dinos, or bubble algae, or RTN, etc

U have to feed them with some brine shrimp + weekly WC However, they don't live that long in captivity ( a little over a year I think). But it is very cool looking

T7zkmddtuhq6wca824vs01trtcjrfwbmt.png
alt="image" />

So tempted to set it up too

IMO jelly's are boring. I don't understand peoples fascination with them. I help out with them a bit at the GA aquarium, we feed them nauplii daily. If you do get some just be careful not to get any bubbles under their mantle, it will form a hole and most likely lead to their death.

Back