Temps went way up :(

skriz

Reaction score
I have been monitoring my temps lately, and have notice that they have been escalating. I have been working on closing in the canopy, so I am very sure it is due to this lack of circulation...sorta sure.

Generally, what type of difference does a fan blowing across the lighting make? What difference does a fan blowing across the sump make?

I went from never hitting 82 deg to almost hitting 84 today :unsure:

I may have to bite the bullet and buy a chiller. Anyone have any reccomendations? :yikes:

I've heard a few members remark that a 5 degree change can be had by just directing a clip on fan across the sump.

ack during the heat wave, I noticed my tank was much better off if I left the cieling fan on all day to help circulate air around the light/tank.

Fans have worked well for me in the past.Im actually planning on using them on my 500 if need be.Keep in mind that the evaporation will increase as well,so topping off will have to be more often.

Cool. I'll try some fans...that's great news!

Rit, how are your sps bouncing back?

What you don't want is a temp flux. I keep my temp at 82-85 with the help of a chiller and a big heater.

My tank has stayed a steady temp for a couple of years now. Now that I am closing in the canopy, the temp has jumped. But, it now stays a steady 82-83.6

Back