Water Temps

seanb600;861718 wrote: if you have submersible pumps reach down and see if they are warm or in my case hot to the touch.Like way hotter then the water I had 1 year old 350 gph rio killing my tank. put a new pump in and problem solved:yay:

Yeah I just replaced both mag pumps I was using with an external pump and the issue is still there.

I replaced the heater today just to be sure that wasn't an issue. We'll see how much it cools down over night. It's at 83 now and all lights have been off for an hour. No external fans on, other then the small 120mm computer fan that's always over the sump.

2ruble;861764 wrote: was it an adjustable heater? I know some are just "set it and forget it" type things... and those aren't always the best.

It was a Eheim Jager TruTemp

Well it appears to be my Blowhole 2700 causing the issue. With the only thing running being the pump the temp gets to 85 degrees. Switched to an internal pump temporarily and the temp dropped 7 degrees over night.

And now I've found this on RC, so I am apparently not the only one.

showthread.php

grouper therapy;862558 wrote: Doesn't sound as if cavitation is the issue. Interesting.

Yeah I'm sure the reduction is slowing down performance a bit but 7+ degree increase just doesn't sound right.

I'm worried about getting another pump of the same model and having more issues, but at the same time I don't want to replumb another pump.

Back