The 100-110 is going up!

stroid

Market
Reaction score
lol not sure if its 100 or 110. Either way I am getting near the final stages..sorta. A little about the tank I got it from Trinh for the generous amount of FREE! I did buy his iwaki pump and huge sump probably around a 60g sump. The tank is going to combine my three current tanks into one tank. The lighting is two 175w mh with a pair of 54w T5's. I have all the lights already but need to buy bulbs for the T5's.

So I need advice on a few things.
1. I need T5 bulbs but dont know much about T5 bulbs...advice?
2. I need good Mh reflectors for the retros.
3. Anything i didnt mention...

T5 thread on RC has a review on almost every available brand out:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=679852&perpage=25&pagenumber=1">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=679852&perpage=25&pagenumber=1</a>

lumenarc reflectors have gotten great reviews.

i cannot stress flow enough. make sure you have proper flow for the animals you plan on keeping.

Yeah flow is going to be great on this tank the pump is strong and I will have several other phds in there for more circulation. No worries there.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
146867=9157-IMAGE_015.jpg
>
146867=9157-IMAGE_015.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAGE_015.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

purpleGORILLA;146910 wrote: Sweet. I see you finally got most of the coralline off..:D
haha indeed it actually came off really easily. I still need to clean it up a bit more but so far its been pretty easy. I am redoing the plumbing this week just to start fresh but I am going to use the same pipe system that you had on it just with fresh clean pipes.

Thought I would update the equipment that I have acquired so far. Please suggest other usefull items. These are pictures of the tank when it was setup previously now it is bare and empty.

Equipment:

110 Gallon Reef ready Oceanic Tank (60''x18"x21") on Custom made stand
40 Gallon Sump (48"x16"x11")
Iwaki MD-30RXT-115NL Pump with Japanese motor
Octopus NW-200 with Gate valve mod and mesh wheel mod (once i get from other ARC member)
Roughly 100lbs of LR about to add about another 50lbs.
2 175w mh SE with 14k ushio bulbs
2 54w T5 Tek 2 retros
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
147484=9189-IMAGE_015.jpg
>
147484=9189-IMAGE_015.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAGE_015.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147484=9188-Tank-bottom.jpg
>
147484=9188-Tank-bottom.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tank-bottom.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147484=9187-Tank1.jpg
>
147484=9187-Tank1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tank1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Man give me that sump any day for a disp tank! Think of the PAR the corals would be getting! Looking good man, this should be a really nice setup!

Yeah I am really happy with the sump! Remember I was buying your 30L sump but I couldnt refuse this deal with the pump. Now to get my plumbing figured out. I am trying to replicate the original but my plumbing knowledge sucks.

You will need a sump light. In which I have one that fits that and even look exactly like that. :yay:

purpleGORILLA;147523 wrote: You will need a sump light. In which I have one that fits that and even look exactly like that. :yay:
ill get it from you later :)

Looking good :). With the t5s just get some actinics, from either geissman, ati, or uvl. Sadly, they're all about the same.

Jin that is what I had in mind I just dont know to much about T5's besides what I bought from Dave.

Back