the beginnings of a 220...

kristalys

Reaction score
hello all ~
happy holidays!

i just recently acquired a new 220 gallon aquarium to replace my 75, since everyone/thing in the 75 seemed to be quickly outgrowing the tank. anyway, i don't post much, but i do enjoy reading the vast amount of information on this site :thumbs: just wanted to thank you all for such a great site.

i got a 220 gallon oak colored marineland glass tank with 2 corner overflows. lol, i wanted black but the price of the oak couldn't be beat, so i guess i'll be painting it later...
last nite, i finally had some friends help move the heavy tank onto the stand. the stand is a perfecto pine majesty stand in black.
my question is... is the glass aquarium supposed to sit "inside" the stand? (like rest on the inner lip of the stand - since my current 75 and 150 gallon tanks both sit "inside" the stand, you can't see the trim on the glass aquarium).
last night, when the glass was put on the stand, the glass rests on top of the edges of the stand... wasn't sure if this is bad or good? or if this just means i need to get another type of stand...? any input on this is greatly appreciated.

here's a picture to better illustrate what i'm referring to...
220.jpg
alt="" />

thank you so much!
~kris.

It depends on the stand design. Not knowing Perfecto, but I would say that it is right, sitting on top. My all-glass sits on top. However, when I had my all glass 120, the stand was designed with a little lip to hide the plastic molding, as you suggested. I just depends. Just make sure that stand is made for that size tank (which I'm sure it is- they're somewhat standard).

it sits on top just like yours is. The perfecto deluxe which only comes in 75 gal size is the only on that sits inside the stand not on top. I have both types that is how I know.

Back