The BEST Phosphate reactor?

Well, I didnt have any prtoblems. Its a pain to rechargfe, and it has a useable life (only a few recharges), but it works. I dont use it anymore, out of laziness.

fishwhisperer;120365 wrote: I use TLF Phosphate Reactor (Kent makes a similiar one) and I prefer RowaPhos.

RowaPhos wiped out a hair algae bloom I had in a week.

jmaneyapanda;326119 wrote: Well, I didnt have any prtoblems. Its a pain to rechargfe, and it has a useable life (only a few recharges), but it works. I dont use it anymore, out of laziness.

So what are you using instead?

jmaneyapanda;326136 wrote: Brightwell Phosphat-E liquid

So your dosing this into your sump? I always thought you were a phosban user:doh: How much are you adding?

GFO is supposed to be run in a fluidised state so the GFO particles have maximum contact time with the water run thru them. That is why GFO reactors like the TLF, Kent, etc are clear so you can see and adjust the water flow thru them to keep the GFO moving within the reactor, but not moving so much that it goes to the top and out of the reactor.

I don't know how you'd adjust for this in an opaque cannister filter.

I assume the recommendation for a fluidized state is because the GFO only binds phosphate on its surface, and not within pores like GAC, which you pack so it does not move in a reactor.

jmaneyapanda;326119 wrote: Well, I didnt have any prtoblems. Its a pain to rechargfe, and it has a useable life (only a few recharges), but it works. I dont use it anymore, out of laziness.
No kidding I had rather deal with phosphates then have to recharge that stuff Way too much work for me!!!

Back