The Blobfish - Ugliest Animal in the World?

smanenti

Reaction score
Hello all,

Take a look at this guy. I had no clue they even existed. Too bad we couldn't keep one in a reef. Lol.

a>

Some years ago, my art professor told the class that "some art forms are so ugly, that they are beautiful". My class projects consisted of drawings, paintings, etc. and I obtained a final grade of an "A". The professor wrote comments on each project with a grade. I received comments like Beautiful, Great, and Outstanding. I can say her comment above holds true for me. I must have been a favorite student, I struggle to draw stick figured people.

For the ugliest animal in the link above, well I let you be the judge of that.

Wannabee

Ugliness is relative actually. Just think some other blob fish is thinking "dang I'd like me some of that" hehe

They actually don't look like this. They typically live at extreme depths and the pressure gives them a different shape. They look pretty normal at depth.
in-defense-of-the-blobfish-why-the-worlds-ugliest-animal-isnt-as-ugly-as-you-think-it-is-6676336

Crew;992874 wrote: They actually don't look like this. They typically live at extreme depths and the pressure gives them a different shape. They look pretty normal at depth.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/in-defense-of-the-blobfish-why-the-worlds-ugliest-animal-isnt-as-ugly-as-you-think-it-is-6676336/?no-ist">http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/in-defense-of-the-blobfish-why-the-worlds-ugliest-animal-isnt-as-ugly-as-you-think-it-is-6676336/?no-ist</a>[/QUOTE]

Yea, I found another picture of the blob fish in its natural environment, it really isn't that bad looking.

MYREEFCLUB0070;992924 wrote: Yea, I found another picture of the blob fish in its natural environment, it really isn't that bad looking.
Someone has said "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" or something like that. Again, i'll leave you to judge that.

Wannabee

MYREEFCLUB0070;992924 wrote: Yea, I found another picture of the blob fish in its natural environment, it really isn't that bad looking.

I'll go back to my earlier statement :shades:

Ok- now i REALLY want one in my tank.:eek:

smanenti;993338 wrote: Ok- now i REALLY want one in my tank.:eek:
sorry i forgot to mention, Victoria secret was having a Halloween sale on runway blobfish and i was wondering if anyone wanted to go in on an order, they're a bit pricy.:up::wow2::shades:;):blush::tongue::yes:

Back