The cursed Briopsis

RedFrog211

Market
Reaction score
Recently had briopsis pop up in my system, and am dosing Vibrant and Kent’s MG supplement per instructions. After 3 weeks, not a noticeable difference, and other shoots continue to pop up around the tank. Thinking of doing some scheduled blackouts, once a recently fragged polyp seems stable enough. Any other tips?

I know it takes time to kill Bryopsis, but want to make sure I’m doing everything in my power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flux Rx (fluconozole) is a better solution for bryopsis in my opinion.

Yep. I dosed it according to the directions and it worked like a charm*. The only thing I would note is that it takes about a week to see anything. Right about the time I started worrying it wasn't doing anything, I noticed the color changing and it just started disappearing. It was the closest thing to a "miracle cure" that I've ever used in this hobby. The stuff just disappeared. When you dose, occasionally tug on one of the clumps because it will start pulling off pretty easily as it begins to die. Normally it's attached really, really well and it's hard to siphon out. Once it loosens up, siphon out as much as you can so it doesn't all just dissolve away in the system.

*Per the instructions, you can double the dose to get faster results but I've never done that. I've always stuck to the standard recommended dose and it's worked great.

Can you post a photo of your Bryopsis? Lets ensure that we are identifying correctly first.

Also, what is your Mg level? And which test kit?

Can you post a photo of your Bryopsis? Lets ensure that we are identifying correctly first.

Also, what is your Mg level? And which test kit?

Currently at work, but I will update later today with more info. I haven’t checked Mg in a while, but I use Salifert MG kit.

67c052c79a50219104c9921121ec1ab6.jpg

8bd78970c6aaaccce9bab87d30bff72d.jpg

40bc064c3529af22b67bd5bcf0e697fe.jpg

Pictures of Bryopsis- Mg is 1470 (Salifert test)

Note: after placing it on a white background, I see the fading coloration. Glad to see improvement!!

Back