The Fish Store

Like others have said, not as shiny as some other LFS we have. But I have gotten several fish from them over the years and never had a single one diseased. Their coral prices are a little out of touch IMO.

That's kind of elitist don't you think? It may not be as shiny as Premier or PureReef... but it's certainly not as bad as you make it out to be. When you order that many fish in you are going to have issues. That's just the truth of the matter. You as a hobbyist should make the distinction of purchasing the fish or not to. And as far as prices go they are certainly not as expensive as some of the more brightly lit polished stores. I'm not white knighting them. I'm just pointing out they aren't as bad as all that. They don't hide their skeletons and I have used my judgement and have gotten several fish from them that are all still trucking along with no illness.

Elitist? Why is everyone out to judge? Why are you putting words in my mouth because you dont agree with them? I was happy as crap when that place opened, a place with low overhead and good prices? AWESOME.

Every visit the prices got higher, the selection got lower and I saw more and more dead or sick fish in the systems. And as others have said...dear god the algae. I guess others had better experiences there but I never had a fish purchased from that store survive long. I never purchased corals there due to the prices.

Have you ever actually worked at a LSF? Do you know the difference between not hiding your skeletons and not having a properly cared for system? This is the internet, of course you do! There is also a long story of why I dont like the owner as well but sure bash me for not liking the warehouse vibe. Im sure I couldnt possibly have anything else of value to add to this discussion since you already made your mind up. Yeesh, and you wonder why I dont post here much anymore.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying man. I apologize if it came off as "bashy" I even said in a following post I re-read what I said and taken back the opening sentence. Like you said, this is the internet and since it is the internet understand text doesn't always carry tone. But regardless. again I apologize. And I even said it could be cleaner and some prices are indeed higher and some are excellent. it's a peculiar pricing system I can't even begin to understand. We're all chill my guy.

As far as that last bit. there's a reason I only have thirty something posts and just now finally became a supporting member. I don't like the drama and the bickering because someone goes off the deep end over miscommunications or some unforeseen slight. Had this convo been in person tone would have carried my intentions with what I was trying to say.

Back