The fun never stops

kevinathom

Market
Reaction score
I have a 65 gal tank I started on Feb, and I have come to realize that there are two types of inhabitants: those that are intentionally place in the tank and those that hitch hike. I notice this "foam" in the crevice of one of my rocks. If I look closely at this with a bright light, I can see critters about 1 mm walking in and around it. It looks almost like it could be an egg sack, but I cannot think of anything that would be responsible for this (snails, crabs, etc). This is located under some zoeys that are doing well. Could be a coincidence, or perhaps these are food. If you have any thoughts on what this may be, I'd like to hear them.

Looks like a sponge to me. That's a good thing.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

sponge. Its no problem.

They do pop up when nutrient levels will support them

Thanks for the help. Never would have thought of that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here's a new development. The little critters running around the sponge seem to have grow - a lot. I'm seeming some of these running around the substrate and rocks, and they are about 5mm in size now. They are clear with what appears to be a central vein. They look like a cross between an immature shrimp and a sand flea.

Like this? http://ww2.odu.edu/vhosts/sci/biology/directory/Holsinger/jrh/CRANGONY.JPG" alt="" />
If so, those are amphipods.

I'm not sure how, but you must have snuck into my house to get that pic. That's the critter. Didn't think amps got that big. This is a learning experience

kevinathom;963799 wrote: but you must have snuck into my house to get that pic. That's the critter.

I did..........p.s.....you're out of beer.

Ringo[emoji768 wrote: ;963800]I did..........p.s.....you're out of beer.

LOL. And toilet paper in the powder room. :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Thanks for sharing so I know to stop by the store on my way home. ... :)

Back