The little things that keep you going

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is a hobby that has it’s fair share of emotional swings for both the seasoned reefer and the novice. As some of you may know I was ready to throw in the towel several months ago but I continued my pursuit of an awesome reef and the journey continues even to this day. What ultimately pulled me back in is the overwhelming support of ARC and that awesome frag tank of @FutureInterest. I gained a new love for zoanthids and visited him quite a few more times after my initial visit. I wanted to create this big beautiful rainbow effect zoa garden and you better believe I am still running towards that rainbow. I’ve had trials sense my last emotional break down as I am not the most experienced reefer but every so often I find something different to keep me going. Today it was my clown fish hosting my Derasa Clam, I mean I have purchased three anemone’s in the past year and neither of my two clowns payed any of them any attention. I watched many YouTube videos on how to encourage them h Th o host anemone’s but neither to the bait . 8E09A32B-BA61-477B-B3CA-0B93F8BF6B10.jpeg

Nice...but aren't you selling that Derasa?
Yea it’s sold and will be leaving the tank Sunday to be given to it’s new owner at the meeting. In case you didn’t know I’m setting up a new system and breaking my current system down. A clam is not ideal for newer systems but I will get another one later on down the road

My clowns wouldn't host in a nem either. I looped a youtube video of similar species of clowns hosting in a nem and propped it against the glass. One work day of that and they were in a nem shortly after.

My clowns wouldn't host in a nem either. I looped a youtube video of similar species of clowns hosting in a nem and propped it against the glass. One work day of that and they were in a nem shortly after.
Are you being serious? You're clowns learned to host from YouTube?!

Are you being serious? You're clowns learned to host from YouTube?!
Yup, true story. Most animals learn by mimicking what they see.

I just set this vid to looping held the plugged in tablet to the tank right in front of their hangout and propped it in place with a couple books.

I tried that and mine still wouldn't host. Also I have a third one that hosts in a nem, my original two just look at her and is like "yup you can have that" and keep hosting the back wall. I even had a nem move up the back wall and sit right there with them and they just swam around it.

Guess they have a
I tried that and mine still wouldn't host. Also I have a third one that hosts in a nem, my original two just look at her and is like "yup you can have that" and keep hosting the back wall. I even had a nem move up the back wall and sit right there with them and they just swam around it.
Mind of their own eh? I’m wondering if the two I’ve had in the barren QT tank will ever host anything but the wall

Guess they have a

Mind of their own eh? I’m wondering if the two I’ve had in the barren QT tank will ever host anything but the wall
Yeah everyone says that clowns are funny and weird. They can change their minds on what they want to host.

Back