THE REEF EXPERIENCE Ep.5 FT Nemo Aquarium

Alright man. If you are going to promote a single store as best fish store in atlanta. You are not doing the proper service for local reef community. Since you said Nemo is the best, what about other ones (there are like 10 stores in atlanta and surrounding area). “that are actually” better than them. Carrying way more product line and even more clean then them? So…. I don’t know man. I think you going about this wrong way. That’s all. Nemo is good and I like the staff and Simon. But don’t be going around aging they are the best. Lol

I like every local store except two. I goto all the local stores and I know all of them by face and I support all the local reef stores!

Alright man. If you are going to promote a single store as best fish store in atlanta. You are not doing the proper service for local reef community. Since you said Nemo is the best, what about other ones (there are like 10 stores in atlanta and surrounding area). “that are actually” better than them. Carrying way more product line and even more clean then them? So…. I don’t know man. I think you going about this wrong way. That’s all. Nemo is good and I like the staff and Simon. But don’t be going around aging they are the best. Lol

I like every local store except two. I goto all the local stores and I know all of them by face and I support all the local reef stores!
Nice give me an example of a store you did not name a single one… Nemo was my favorite and I think best in GA all around.

I think there are tons of other local reef store way better than those mentioned above but again I’m not here to promote a store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the OP should have the freedom to express his subjective opinion, as with anyone.
Definitely open to the conversation and just an opinion I am interested in going to other stores and making similar videos hence why I asked what others thought in second post.

I’ve been to a lot of the reef stores around town just over all I like this one the best personally so I made a video. Was. It to take away from other locations just my personal favorite and I did not receive anything from the store for doing the video

Are you looking for feedback on the video?

I know videos are tough and it takes a huge amount of time to edit and film and do the voice-over. I personally think that it’s way too long. There’s not enough imagery to stretch the length - it seems like redundant scenes. Glare is a big issue that distracts a bit. I know you probably tried to film on a slow day but their inventory looked a little low. Other than that great job man…it’s a lot of work.

Maybe get in contact with one of the officers in the club as I know we’ve previously attempted to do LFS spotlight videos.

Are you looking for feedback on the video?

I know videos are tough and it takes a huge amount of time to edit and film and do the voice-over. I personally think that it’s way too long. There’s not enough imagery to stretch the length - it seems like redundant scenes. Glare is a big issue that distracts a bit. I know you probably tried to film on a slow day but their inventory looked a little low. Other than that great job man…it’s a lot of work.

Maybe get in contact with one of the officers in the club as I know we’ve previously attempted to do LFS spotlight videos.

absoulty and thank you for that feedback I appreciate it.

does take a lot of work to get it all done and figure it out as you learn and definitely in the process of doing that!

I did try to use the filter to stop the glare but I think in afternoon would have been better so not so much sun.

def would love to work with arc and do more videos!

Why should we help promote a store that doesn't care about ARC and isn't a sponsor?
Is ARC promoting this store? No. And is it not enough to just try to run a good business? So what if they don’t sponsor a club. Does it benefit the hobby for ARC to promote stores that are way worst just because they are sponsors?

Nemo is local to me (~10min away!) so I may be biased but I have to say it is also my favorite store. Their staff is great and the store is always clean. They are lacking in some areas like freshwater plants, inverts, and nano fish, but their coral and saltwater fish selection is top notch and I rarely see their prices beat. My understanding is their focus is to offer the lowest possible prices to everyone that walks in the door. I've traveled around Atlanta to visit other stores and can pretty confidently say that ~80% of the time I can get a better deal and higher quality product at Nemo's, regardless of club discount.

Well, okay. I say my two cents than.
This is a message I sent to one of member this morning via PM.

Good morning, there are many good local reef stores. I usually use all of them. Only other place I use is bulk reef supply when they are out of particular products. I hope you find the good stores you enjoy and support them. Also they all give 10% off most dry goods so always mention this.

I like Greg’s store off Barrett pkwy in (Kennesaw). Most of all my dry goods and testing kits and powerhead etc from this store. Good at exchange and honest people price are usually few dollar cheaper than competition near by. I don’t buy any live stock here.

Store in (Marietta), I buy all my fishes from this store. I know this happens to be one of the store that does exchange with corals and fishes for store credit. They are expensive compare to other store but I never had any fishes and inverts die when introduced to my tank. They use Frits RPM salt so that’s one of reason I buy fishe from them. They use Sammy salt. And is closed to my home.

Ritz store in (lawrenceville), is known to have the best prices in corals. Owner Ritz been around for long time and has products that more stores don’t Carry but that’s like most stores. But if they carry big line of products, I think that’s good store. I buy coral food and filtration products from him.

Shaq’s store in (powder springs) has the best price in inverts and CUC. Recently bought fire shrimp for $30 when others were charging $90. Cuc last long time when introduced. I buy my cuc and inverts at this store.

Pure reef in (alpharetta) will be the cleanest and most product carrying store in atlanta. Tones of products and nice sales team. They have lots of products on sale so I find that to be helpful.

There is another reef store in (woodstock) but they are not very focus on reef. They have tropical birds and fresh water stuff with them.

There is reef store in (roswell) that is very small and are not expending.

There is reef store in (Chamblee) that has one of biggest small holding tanks in the back warehouse. Pretty much no store front.

You have Nemo in (Lawrenceville), that two brothers recently opened join-store front which is much larger than before. Clean. Much selection and good price. Not much products. Last time they only had marine fauna and reef nutrients were two company I noticed they carry.

I remember being 10 reef store in Atlanta at one point. I only got 9 stores~. Hope it helps non the less.

I'm all for spreading the love 🙂

I do like Optimum a lot for their dry goods selection. Was able to order a nice low-iron glass bookshelf tank through them for cheaper than the best available deals online. They are great for anything you need special ordered. I would go there more if it was closer.

I've gotten some nice freshwater plants and nano fish at Premier.

I got a huge RBTA and some freshwater fish from Rit.

I haven't been to Reef Shac as it is by far the furthest store from where I live. I'm intrigued by the $30 fire shrimp though! Will check it out some day.

I got a bunch of $25 used black box lights from Pure Reef when they were changing out their lighting. Great deal just for the housing and the drivers for some DIY projects. Also got some fish from them.

Nemo's is just where my wallet goes to die 😁. Hard to leave without grabbing a new $20 acro frag or some insanely inexpensive LPS colonies. I get most of my fish and also frozen foods here. I swear I see a new fish species I've never seen before almost every week.

OP definitely had his rights to have his opinion and share em. I was expecting more perhaps fair? And good content about reefing (and I’m sure it is) and it was my bad blowing it up~

I’ve met the OP in person. I wish him the best in his YouTube endeavors as he mentioned and asked us to support him. I hope you guys do so.

We all have right to promote whatever I’m sure. Yep~

Edit: OP, you may want to change the title to maybe like “your favorite store” in Georgia or something or not. Your title gives false impression I personally think. Anyways, sorry for saying sh*t. -.-;

Last edited:
Ya, Nemo's is a subject; well, not really. It's a great store and I've been to the new location. I used to go there a lot more when they had the two different stores (both were closer). As far as ARC & Nemo's - they decided they did not want to give a 10% discount to ARC members and that's the only requirement for Sponsorship. It was a business decision on their part and it's all good baby!

Personally, I try to hit up stores that are Sponsors but Nemo's is in no way shape or form a bad spot. The Sponsors give members a discount and they typically throw in a gift card or three when we buy them for the meeting raffles. I wish they were a sponsor and used to hit them up whenever I was in the shop but it got old. i.e. I think it stopped being funny and sounded like I was being a jerk. For me, if I'm going to spend money, I typically go to a spot that supports ARC through Sponsorship but that's really the only reason. We have never limited or deleted any posts about Nemo's and I think they're a great addition to the Atlanta Reefing Community overall.

Just adding a little fuel to the fire.... if you go to some of those other stores and get your 10% arc discount... you still paying more than buying from nemo's. Thats why people still love nemo's.

Ya, Nemo's is a subject; well, not really. It's a great store and I've been to the new location. I used to go there a lot more when they had the two different stores (both were closer). As far as ARC & Nemo's - they decided they did not want to give a 10% discount to ARC members and that's the only requirement for Sponsorship. It was a business decision on their part and it's all good baby!

Personally, I try to hit up stores that are Sponsors but Nemo's is in no way shape or form a bad spot. The Sponsors give members a discount and they typically throw in a gift card or three when we buy them for the meeting raffles. I wish they were a sponsor and used to hit them up whenever I was in the shop but it got old. i.e. I think it stopped being funny and sounded like I was being a jerk. For me, if I'm going to spend money, I typically go to a spot that supports ARC through Sponsorship but that's really the only reason. We have never limited or deleted any posts about Nemo's and I think they're a great addition to the Atlanta Reefing Community overall.
Sponsorship doesnt have an annual fee associated?

Back