THE REEF EXPERIENCE Ep.5 FT Nemo Aquarium

Does Nemo’s quarantine their fish and corals (Honest question)? That is what I kinda gathered from the video, because he kept mentioning their systems are clean and disease free. If they don’t quarantine, that’s a bold statement and the video could mislead someone to believe they do, especially someone new.

They do have tanks in the back where they hold the fish before bringing them up front for sale. I don't know how long they hold them though or if they treat them with anything. I doubt it's a true full quarantine.

As far as ARC & Nemo's - they decided they did not want to give a 10% discount to ARC members and that's the only requirement for Sponsorship. It was a business decision on their part and it's all good baby!

Now look at it this way, He has a great store and in most cases is cheaper than every other store, usually by a wide margin. Why would he want to offer another 10% off when his profits are already pretty low for a LFS.

Last I talked to him about it (which was at the previous store) he said they hold fish for a 2 week observation period before bringing them out for sale. He does not use copper as a prophylactic. This is the most basic QT. Every fish I have ever purchased from Simon, that was eating in store has done well for me. I cant say that about any other store.

I love nemos, and it is in my opinion the best store around.

Well, okay. I say my two cents than.
This is a message I sent to one of member this morning via PM.

Good morning, there are many good local reef stores. I usually use all of them. Only other place I use is bulk reef supply when they are out of particular products. I hope you find the good stores you enjoy and support them. Also they all give 10% off most dry goods so always mention this.

I like Greg’s store off Barrett pkwy in (Kennesaw). Most of all my dry goods and testing kits and powerhead etc from this store. Good at exchange and honest people price are usually few dollar cheaper than competition near by. I don’t buy any live stock here.

Store in (Marietta), I buy all my fishes from this store. I know this happens to be one of the store that does exchange with corals and fishes for store credit. They are expensive compare to other store but I never had any fishes and inverts die when introduced to my tank. They use Frits RPM salt so that’s one of reason I buy fishe from them. They use Sammy salt. And is closed to my home.

Ritz store in (lawrenceville), is known to have the best prices in corals. Owner Ritz been around for long time and has products that more stores don’t Carry but that’s like most stores. But if they carry big line of products, I think that’s good store. I buy coral food and filtration products from him.

Shaq’s store in (powder springs) has the best price in inverts and CUC. Recently bought fire shrimp for $30 when others were charging $90. Cuc last long time when introduced. I buy my cuc and inverts at this store.

Pure reef in (alpharetta) will be the cleanest and most product carrying store in atlanta. Tones of products and nice sales team. They have lots of products on sale so I find that to be helpful.

There is another reef store in (woodstock) but they are not very focus on reef. They have tropical birds and fresh water stuff with them.

There is reef store in (roswell) that is very small and are not expending.

There is reef store in (Chamblee) that has one of biggest small holding tanks in the back warehouse. Pretty much no store front.

You have Nemo in (Lawrenceville), that two brothers recently opened join-store front which is much larger than before. Clean. Much selection and good price. Not much products. Last time they only had marine fauna and reef nutrients were two company I noticed they carry.

I remember being 10 reef store in Atlanta at one point. I only got 9 stores~. Hope it helps non the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now this is amazing and something I can build on, I’ve definitely been too 6 of these stores. And have shared similar experiences most it not all of my dry goods I get online from BRS and aquaforest directly so I don’t really look for dry goods locally.

I’m definitely down to make more videos and I’m not opposed to changing up the title a little bit to be fair to the other stores as well!

Ya, Nemo's is a subject; well, not really. It's a great store and I've been to the new location. I used to go there a lot more when they had the two different stores (both were closer). As far as ARC & Nemo's - they decided they did not want to give a 10% discount to ARC members and that's the only requirement for Sponsorship. It was a business decision on their part and it's all good baby!

Personally, I try to hit up stores that are Sponsors but Nemo's is in no way shape or form a bad spot. The Sponsors give members a discount and they typically throw in a gift card or three when we buy them for the meeting raffles. I wish they were a sponsor and used to hit them up whenever I was in the shop but it got old. i.e. I think it stopped being funny and sounded like I was being a jerk. For me, if I'm going to spend money, I typically go to a spot that supports ARC through Sponsorship but that's really the only reason. We have never limited or deleted any posts about Nemo's and I think they're a great addition to the Atlanta Reefing Community overall.
Well said and I can definitely respect that!

Does Nemo’s quarantine their fish and corals (Honest question)? That is what I kinda gathered from the video, because he kept mentioning their systems are clean and disease free. If they don’t quarantine, that’s a bold statement and the video could mislead someone to believe they do, especially someone new.
Observation style QT is set up. In the theee years I’ve been shopping with them I’ve honestly never had a fish issue and have never QT any of my fish.

I’ve also never really seen a dead and or dying fish in any of there systems. They have a very broad selection of fish and can do special orders as well.

it’s a very good shop.

Edited title of video!

and hopefully I can visit some of the others and they are just as willing to have me randomly video there systems.

From what i have saw it’s a very short ”QT” i believe only 1-2 weeks for fish and no QT on corals. I put the quotes due to the fact its more of an observation area for the 1-2 weeks at hypo salinity. Special order fish from clients like me are given to us in the bag they were shipped in and never interlude to any of their systems.

Sponsorship doesnt have an annual fee associated?
It no longer does. In the past we used to do that but since we've been round and round on the BoD side of things on how to integrate online vendors. At one point we were going to do a two tiered thing. Then it was fees and discounts. Then some other thoughts and the occasional argument... It was quite the to-do. In the end, the only requirement for ARC sponsorship is a desire to give member a 10% discount. All of our sponsor typically give the Club additional raffle gift certificates and let us pick up raffle items at a discounted cost (very helpful indeed) but stuff like that is no longer required. 10% discount to our member and we have a deal!

It no longer does. In the past we used to do that but since we've been round and round on the BoD side of things on how to integrate online vendors. At one point we were going to do a two tiered thing. Then it was fees and discounts. Then some other thoughts and the occasional argument... It was quite the to-do. In the end, the only requirement for ARC sponsorship is a desire to give member a 10% discount. All of our sponsor typically give the Club additional raffle gift certificates and let us pick up raffle items at a discounted cost (very helpful indeed) but stuff like that is no longer required. 10% discount to our member and we have a deal!
I think that’s fair. Unfortunately everything I ever buy has MAP or no one Carrie’s locally :(

Back