THE T5 Question and Answer Thread

Lepchitz;946775 wrote: Ask and you shall receive! Pics are from cell phone, but came out ok I suppose.

cool. Thanks,

now, what are those lamps in the fixture????

gacolt;947998 wrote: i just bought a 8 bulb 48'' t5 fixture once i get bulbs i will post pics of the before and after right now im running two 120w led fixtures they work great but im tired of the lavender look.the bulbs i think im gonna use.front to back.
blue plus
blue plus
blue plus
coral plus
purple plus
blue plus
coral plus
blue plus
what do you t5 guys think is that a good mixture or is that to much blue.its going over my 120 4x2x2 anemone/sps/zoa dt.

you may also consider a KZ fiji purple. its a pink color, but can add some color to a tank , and has decent PAR (which you AREN"T going to be hurting for at all).

gacolt;947998 wrote: right now im running two 120w led fixtures they work great but im tired of the lavender look.

You could always ditch the reds

SnowManSnow;948029 wrote: you may also consider a KZ fiji purple. its a pink color, but can add some color to a tank , and has decent PAR (which you AREN"T going to be hurting for at all).
i was looking at the fiji purple aswell.thats more then likly what im gonna go with.thanks for info

I've got oshio 14k's x 2 hooked up. With that I've got 2 54w true actinics. My question is for the combo of pop and growth. I'm going to add two more bulbs. I'm thinking the coral plus x 2 to got with the coral plus.

Light cycle would be actinics on the the coral plus on the MH and the for sunset the reverse order. So would you recommend the coral plus for that or two of the other bulbs?? Not a expert on t5 and their colors. Let me know

Coral plus is on the white side. I can take a picture when I get home later.

SnowManSnow;948028 wrote: cool. Thanks,

now, what are those lamps in the fixture????

They are Giesemann bulbs 6 x 39W 33" long. Fixture is a Current Nova Pro.

Since Brandon is back, he's who started this thread, and sooner or later I'll be getting my fixture I would love to keep this thread trending so people can contribute and get more information on T5 lightning options, I've seen postings related to the same thing so I would love to place them in the right path and get this more helpful

Plus Dave promised some pics :)

Back