thinking about getting a black neon dottyback

mantislove13

Reaction score
Does anyone have a black neon dottyback? I have wanted one for a while but I don't know how their aggression is. There is already a black oc clown in the tank. Me and terry have had a yellow/blue neon dottyback, which later became aggressive, I just don't want to go through that heartache again. Thanks! :fish::fish::fish:

I'm interested in this question too, my neon dottyback recently made a diamond goby commit suicide trying to get away (I had blocked the overflows). The rest of the tank mates are bigger but I would like to know if all dotty backs are bullies.

My neon Dottyback was the first fish in our tank. Biggest mistake we ever made in the fish selection. He's been long banished to the refugium and loves being by himself. He's a beautiful fish but incredibly territorial.

From what I've read it seems most dottyback species are aggressive and territorial. Maybe I'll just look into finding a goby or a small blenny. I'm too nervous to try a neon again. Plus the little black oc is skiddish and has been bullied some by other fish. I wouldn't want him to go through that again. Thank you for your replies everyone!

Sue I'm sorry to hear about your diamond goby. Do you still have the neon dottyback? If so another neon would possibly cause a war between them.

Back