this thing looks awesome

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
i just read about this new device called the moai which is a robotic glass cleaner. you're thinking, so what ive seen the robosnail whats new?. this one can be cloud controlled and takes hd pictures of your aquarium so you can keep a close eye on things while you're away and get awesome closeup shots that are hard to get with a phone. check it out.
a>

The next item will be a RoboVac that automatically roams around your tank cleaning the top layers of your sandbed. You'll be able to control how deep you want the RoboVac to clean or let the RoboVac decide how deep once it takes a few measurements. It will have bear claw tires all around just in case it has to climb on your rock aquascape. Price to be announced shortly. The next gadget after that will be a home delivery hovercraft that will be able to measure the parameters of your display tank, and then delivery the livestock right to your tank. And if it's corals, the measured parameter will let the hovercraft know exactly where to place the new corals. For a small additional cost, the hovercraft will supply the first feeding of the livestock.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1094457 wrote: The next item will be a RoboVac that automatically roams around your tank cleaning the top layers of your sandbed. You'll be able to control how deep you want the RoboVac to clean or let the RoboVac decide how deep once it takes a few measurements. It will have bear claw tires all around just in case it has to climb on your rock aquascape. Price to be announced shortly. The next gadget after that will be a home delivery hovercraft that will be able to measure the parameters of your display tank, and then delivery the livestock right to your tank. And if it's corals, the measured parameter will let the hovercraft know exactly where to place the new corals. For a small additional cost, the hovercraft will supply the first feeding of the livestock.

Wannabee

That was the sentiment just before the aquarium controllers cam out.

grouper therapy;1094476 wrote: That was the sentiment just before the aquarium controllers cam out.

Maybe I could get a few royalties if my ideas listed above have not been thought of yet? I won't ask for too much.

Wannabee

Right up till it catches some sand and etches your tank. (think roomba and dog poop)

Also I would need 3 of them since my tank is a peninsula and they dont go around corners.

EnderG60;1094637 wrote: Right up till it catches some sand and etches your tank. (think roomba and dog poop)

Also I would need 3 of them since my tank is a peninsula and they dont go around corners.

true but i think with how much tech they have in this thing im sure theres a way to program it to stay at least an inch from your sand bed

Wow - this looks way better than the bot that was coming out a while ago that ran off a rail. This looks small and easy to program. Will it scrape off coralline algae though?

It looks really awesome. I just hope it does make it to market and actually performs well. I forsee issues with the edges and corners. Wannabee you need to come up with an alternative. :).

Bcavalli;1094715 wrote: It looks really awesome. I just hope it does make it to market and actually performs well. I forsee issues with the edges and corners. Wannabee you need to come up with an alternative. :).

1st Alternative: Contact the service department at your local fish store :D ! I'll let everyone know when I'm invited to "Shark Tank" to explore my options as they "Buy In!" to my 1st invention to "tank cleanup".

Wannabee

Back