Thoughts on a nano setup? (I'm new!)

Thanks for all the filtration input, guys!

I guess that ultimately I'd like something I don't have to fuss with much as far as adjustments go, and something that doesn't require something -else- to function (like a pump or something). I have so much to think about and fuss with already.. one less thing with this would be awesome. Simple but good is my goal.

I've seen things about the refractometers on here, but am not familiar with them. Are they just more accurate than hydrometers?

So, I've been lookin' around, and it seems that an AquaC Remora skimmer would be good for me. Depending on how cheap, I'd go for a nano, or the full size version (both on ebay right now for cheap!).. opinions on this? There isn't much size diff. between the two, one is just higher rated. Since the non-nano is only rated up to a 20 gallon, would putting the bigger one on my 20 be THAT much more effective than the smaller rated one? What kind of difference do you think there would be as far as waste-removal in my tank?

Update! I was in Borders today and found one of the two books suggested to me.. I looked through a bunch there to check out fish options, setups, equipment, etc. I've found the one ($40 at Borders, used at Amazon for $12!) and another good one that I'll get from Amazon (I have a gift certificate anyway!) once I find the cert. -nod-

I want to get going on this so much. I need confirmation from mom on where the tank will go first. Argh.

The Java problem your having may be due to your program being used to view the page..If your useing FireFox it wont work like it should..Also try downloading SpyDoctor pretty good program..It will remove all your pop up programs that have snuck in during downloads

Back