Tips on catching a fish

bkostuch

Market
Reaction score
So I have one of my damsels who is being a butt and chasing everyone around. I need to get him out and restore peace. Without destroying my aquascaping, any advice to trapping him?

see if it sleeps out in the open. If it does flip the lights on and grab it before it wakes up.

If not, fish trap and food.

I've heard that if you tap a mirror to the glass, damsels will try and attack their reflection and give you time to catch it

He hides in a cave to sleep :( He keeps pushing his tail fin into all the fish and nipping at them, if i can catch him he is going into my refug for time out! :)

This guy is a serious pain now... all my other livestock are practically jumping into the container/net/my hand. This guy knows I'm out for him...

leave a net in the tank for a few days so he gets used to it, that usually helps me.

I just saw something about a 20oz bottle with the top cut off, invert the top back into the bottle and put some food inside. If that doesn't work the net stays in, but he is harassing my other fish like crazy.

if you dont have coral (could do it with coral i guess too) you could shut off the powerheads and pump. after a few hours he will see it your way.

Take the tube off a sand siphon, stick it in the water, and drop food into it from the top opening where the tube was. The fish will swim up the clear cylinder to get the food, lower it to the sand bed to trap.

Then just slip a net under the siphon!

walterp1982;1042354 wrote: Take the tube off a sand siphon, stick it in the water, and drop food into it from the top opening where the tube was. The fish will swim up the clear cylinder to get the food, lower it to the sand bed to trap.

Now thats a great idea! I'm going to try this next time I need to catch a fish (small fish).

walterp1982;1042354 wrote: Take the tube off a sand siphon, stick it in the water, and drop food into it from the top opening where the tube was. The fish will swim up the clear cylinder to get the food, lower it to the sand bed to trap.

interesting. what if food falls faster than the fish's interest?

awesome idea btw

I like this idea! Could even clip the food on the opening so it has to stay in the tube and pick at it to eat it all.

The fish garden down here in Newnan had a trap, trying that first, next is siphon, then finally I'm pulling out the jebco fishing rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, this is my life.... Every fish but the damsel will go into the trap....
964d12484d4a7a0b6d876b7f2ce1c340.jpg
alt="" />

bkostuch;1042452 wrote: Yup, this is my life.... Every fish but the damsel will go into the trap....
964d12484d4a7a0b6d876b7f2ce1c340.jpg
alt="" />

cuz you didnt put a mirror on the back of it.

damsel is after territory. he already got everyone else's food

if the mirror doesnt work. wait til morning and put food in there without feeding anyone

Back