Tips on getting a fish to eat?

Xyzpdq0121;251707 wrote: I am thinking... Times are tough and I need a new job. I think my food is much better then what Rod puts in "Rod's food". So as such, maybe I should start bagging my food and selling it. I already make one medicated for Ich and one non-medicated. Everyone seems to love it.... Hummmm.... My wheels are turning now.

Maybe $8 for three oz and $15 for six oz...

Now to come up with a name and a logo!!! ;)

Do I hear another contest coming on!!!! Brandon needs a name for his home made food. Prize could be a six oz. package. :D

I bought a potter about 2 weeks ago. He went straight into a 65. I feed rods food very heavy. Stay away from the tank. I only feed every other day. He started eating a little when he was behind the rock. After about a week I stopped feeding so much and he started wanting more. I also have a fuge with pods and live brine feeding into the tank. Now I feed just a little food. He eats all day long off the rock. He likes to clean up food off the rock. It was not until a day or two ago he started eating out in the open when I feed. Like everyone said it takes a week at least. He will eat. Rods complete worked great and he loves everything in it. Mine had been out of the ocean about 2 days when I picked him up. Good luck man. The best advice I can give is stay away from the tank when you feed until he gets used to you.

Thanks for the advice. There is a couple ottoman in my "fish" room. I feed him and then crouch down behind them to watch him. He peeks around the pipe to see if I am there and once the coast is clear he will come out. Who carries Rod's? I know Tim @ Keen has it. Any stores on the Northside?

I find that the best thing to do for these guys is to just put them in an established tank if they're not sick.

These guys eat a lot of film algaes in the wild and he will be constantly picking at your glass and rocks and can subsist of that in most tanks. Eventually, he'll get the idea that the stuff floating around is delicious but it may take some time. My coral beauty took a few months until she would finally eat prepared foods but she didn't suffer as there was plenty of natural food for her as I had diatom issues at the time :).

FutureInterest;251959 wrote: I find that the best thing to do for these guys is to just put them in an established tank if they're not sick.

These guys eat a lot of film algaes in the wild and he will be constantly picking at your glass and rocks and can subsist of that in most tanks. Eventually, he'll get the idea that the stuff floating around is delicious but it may take some time. My coral beauty took a few months until she would finally eat prepared foods but she didn't suffer as there was plenty of natural food for her as I had diatom issues at the time :).

I agree! They will also be alot more active! Mine is in with a Blond Naso, Humu Humu, Fox Face and a Black Goby. He is doing great!!!

By the way I have a newly stocked product by Seachem called Entice. It is a mix of garlic and banana extract. Apparently Banana is a appetite stimulant for fish. Go Figure.
Just a thought.

Thanks,
Tim

Cool. I might have to check it out when I am down that way. Guess I will just go ahead and get it introduced to the tank. Thanks again for all the info!

nickskains;252220 wrote: Cool. I might have to check it out when I am down that way. Guess I will just go ahead and get it introduced to the tank. Thanks again for all the info!

You could also try Spurilina infused brine. I have used that allot. They also like macro algaes. Thought maby that might help you. Most important is to get him/her around other fish. They learn from each other.

Back