Tomini won’t eat algae

CrisisReef

Market
Reaction score
Hey there! I’ve had a tomini tang in my tank for a few weeks now and he just won’t eat any nori I give him. He seems to readily eat “Emerald Entree” frozen food. Today I also offered him some pellet food and he seemed excited and ate a couple pellets but spat out more than he ate. As far as nori goes, I’ve offered him red and green. I’ve rubber banded it to a rock, put it on an algae clip, and tried free floating. He just doesn’t seem to care. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on ways to help him start eating.

Soaking the nori in water with the food your tang is familiar with might help since it will inherit some of the scent from the frozen. A quick soak in an amino acid or something smelly like garlic has also helped me with picky eaters in the past.

But some tangs just don't like nori. Each fish is an individual with particular preferences that we can't really change.

But some tangs just don't like nori. Each fish is an individual with particular preferences that we can't really change.
I’ll definitely try that! From what I read, tangs need a good herbivorous diet so I hope I can get him to come around. Thank you

My sailfin was the same way. Soak the nori in entice which i think is basically diluted garlic.

Back