Top Reason Jebao wavemakers stop working and a super easy FIX for them!!!

davidinga

Market
Reaction score
Top Reason Jebao wavemakers stop working and a super easy FIX for them!!!

I have been using Jebao WP and RW wavemaker pumps for a few years now and have had a few die on me (who hasn’t). During my use with them I have determined the design of the impeller and where it connects to the outer casing and the inner motor mount points to be the BIGGEST FAILURE points bar none.

With that said, I figured I would share my easy and free solution to keep these pumps running longer (way longer as I haven’t had a single failure since modding all of my pumps).

This little ceramic piece that slides over the Impeller = huge design flaw.

What happens is that this little cylinder WILL eventually sieze to the impeller shaft and the pump will seemingly be completely ruined and you’ll throw it away…fear not, it’s not ready for the trash just yet…

Picture of the little white ceramic cylinder can be seen here inside the clear rubber gasket:
1%20Problem%20IMG_20160116_233335_zpsmmgffb6d.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Pop that nasty little white ceramic cylinder out of the clear housing and grab yourself a pair of scissors and some airline tubing…
2%20IMG_20160116_233453_zps29vcfppu.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Here is it cut to the length of the white cylinder piece we will be replacing…
3%20IMG_20160116_233121_zpsaln9xwx8.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Slide it over the shaft….
4%20IMG_20160116_233217_zps3x9k95kb.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Here it all is ready to be put together (white cylinders shown in pic but are ready for the trash)…
5%20IMG_20160116_233624_zpsq1f8espg.jpg
alt="" /></a>

And, here it is fully assembled and ready to be put back into the motor where it WILL DEFINITELY run longer and without needing as much maintenance as before!
6%20IMG_20160116_233812_zpshzbh7zwy.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Enjoy!
-David

Thanks for the tip! I haven't had any Jebaos fail on me yet but I'll be sure to try this when one does. One question though, is standard air line tubing the correct size for the impellers of all Jebao pumps or just certain models that you know of?

dasianguy;1068119 wrote: Thanks for the tip! I haven't had any Jebaos fail on me yet but I'll be sure to try this when one does. One question though, is standard air line tubing the correct size for the impellers of all Jebao pumps or just certain models that you know of?
It should fit them all (it fits loosely as that is what prevents it from seizing up like the ceramic pieces).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cool , I have 5 , the oldest is almost 2.5 yrs old and so far still all in top shape but now I know how to repair them if need be , thanks

DavidinGA;1068123 wrote: It should fit them all (it fits loosely as that is what prevents it from seizing up like the ceramic pieces).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That makes sense. Now I think twice about throwing away any powerheads.

Another benefit to this simple mod....

I just cleaned my RW20's and found quite a bit of buildup on everything; including the little piece of airline tubing I added to replace the factory ceramic piece. So now instead of having to give that little piece a vinegar bath I just threw the airline house piece in the trash and cut a brand new one :)

Thanks for the tip. I may have just saved the life of one that I was going to pitch across the room. lol

That sold me on these pumps, I was on the edge for fear of replacing them in a year. Next pumps are Jabeaos

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Both of mine are running great so good that the vibration from wave making has smoothed the little pegs down so much that one has lost 3 and the other 2. They are just warn smooth. I tried to use he same type peg from my Tunze but they are much larger. I have been trying to locate Jebao but you all know they are a phantom unless you can send a text in Chinese . I am currently holding them together with zip ties and rubber bands so far so good ugly as hell &#8252;&#65039;

no1bubba;1073655 wrote: Both of mine are running great so good that the vibration from wave making has smoothed the little pegs down so much that one has lost 3 and the other 2. They are just warn smooth. I tried to use he same type peg from my Tunze but they are much larger. I have been trying to locate Jebao but you all know they are a phantom unless you can send a text in Chinese . I am currently holding them together with zip ties and rubber bands so far so good ugly as hell &#8252;&#65039;

Contact Logan at Reefbreeders and he should be able to help you out with replacement parts.
a>

Turned the seller in from e bay and discover is crediting my account for the purchase price.

Back