Torch pissed off

kstkrt

Supporting
Reaction score
What would cause a torch to literally just begin preling out of his skeleton?!?!?!
1639762658617.jpeg

Ph 8
Salinity 1.23
Nitrate 20 (i know its high)
PO4 .28
Salinity is on the low side. Most run 1.025
Nitrate isnt that high but could come down bit
PO4 is on the high side but Im not sure any of that is affecting the torch. How long have you had the torch? How old is the tank?

Wonder how the lights are set. Anything else retracting? I was having issues with coral retracting. Turned my whites down 30% and things seem to be getting better.

Thx guys…i usually run salt at 1.026.
did a water change and didnt have any extra…so it ran low a few days.

my other torches look fat n happy….
Weird…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 19
Salinity is on the low side. Most run 1.025
Nitrate isnt that high but could come down bit
PO4 is on the high side but Im not sure any of that is affecting the torch. How long have you had the torch? How old is the tank?
Torch is 3 weeks old…
His other 1/2 melted a day after I got him. Then this other half has been fine —-until today.
Tank 1.5yr

Oh…and chked my calibration on the refractometer….salinity was originally 1.020!!!

I lost couple mine, and few newly added sps drags, took the gfo offline and seeing lot of improvements

if your other torches are doing fine - its likely torch specific
despite the craze, torches still have a tendency to just melt away for no reason especially those ripped out of the ocean.
a lot of people think they develop bacterial infections. i know some people dose their torch tanks with antibacterial stuff quarterly to keep their torches happy but its just one of those things where nobody knows...

sorry for your loss

Sps frags that are partially dead are all started showing growth once took the gfo offline. But I couldn’t recover the torches. They were all fine before I added gfo reactor. So may be a worth a try and see if see any signed of recovery, good luck

Fffk….And I was about to orger a gfo reactor, but decided to try chemi elite first coupled with some seachem phosguard…po4 was at .4…now at.28.

crap…maybe ill take out the chemipure…

Back