Transporting and Setting up New Tank

Gabridge83

Treasurer
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone! We will be picking up a new to us 125 soon and I’m looking for any tips you can give us on transporting it and moving it into our house. It’s going to be an all day event as we are helping to disassemble it then moving it to our house and reassembling it. Any tips and suggestions on how you did this with yours would be greatly appreciated!

Make a detailed plan for every step, write it down, rehearse it in your head, ensure you have all needed supplies, and follow the plan in order.

Dont allow memory or wing-ing it to double your work time. Stuff happens

Make a detailed plan for every step, write it down, rehearse it in your head, ensure you have all needed supplies, and follow the plan in order.

Dont allow memory or wing-ing it to double your work time. Stuff happens
Thank you!! Trying to get the house ready now

If it’s a running system try to keep as much water from the system and mix with the new salt water to fill what’s left. When I moved my 125 to our house from our old house I had filled brute trash cans with the tank water.

Ive done this probably more times then I had too...lol...but a bigger tank always seems like a great idea until it isn't. Lol.

Like Trizzino mentioned, try to share as much water from the old system as you can and add new salt water when u get home.
Here's a tip, no matter how strong u think u or ur help are don't move the tank with water or rocks in it. Just empty it as much as u can.

Also avoid laying the tank on its side or any of the corners.
Best advice though, take ur time. In my experience a sense of urgency to break down fast and get it back up and running in order to "save" or not stress the tank too much...too late. ts stressed already. Just take ur time with it.

Agreed. Water and rocks and sand is heavy. "Oh there's only 1 inch of water left"... get that water out. Lol

Thank you everyone! Definitely will be taking rock and water out and I plan on making it an all day affair.

Back