Tri-color Acro Help!

rdnelson99;1004298 wrote: Why are you dosing iodine? Should be no reason to. Are you testing for iodine levels? Best advice I have ever received is don't dose anything unless you can test for it and be sure it is needed first. Quickest way to getting things out of wack is blind dosing.

Thanks, I don't dose the iodine. I got it from a guy who was breaking down his tank and he gave me all his supplements with the livestock I bought from him. I totally agree with you about not dosing anything that you can't test

mwbeach;1004312 wrote: Agreed. My LFS told me to dose Iodine. Magnesium and calcium without testing. Just put in this much each day. Not good information. Test before any dosing.

Definitely not, I don't dose anything that I can't test for

rdnelson99;1004298 wrote: Why are you dosing iodine? Should be no reason to. Are you testing for iodine levels? Best advice I have ever received is don't dose anything unless you can test for it and be sure it is needed first. Quickest way to getting things out of wack is blind dosing.

I didn't see any mention of dosing iodine :eek: wrong thread? Or did you celebrate a little this holiday :)

Camellia;1004388 wrote: I didn't see any mention of dosing iodine :eek: wrong thread? Or did you celebrate a little this holiday :)

In post #9 he says he has some. My initial thought was why would he have bought it if he wasn't dosing it. :) Of course later he says it was given to him.

SOOOO now who was it that celebrated too hard for the holidays Deb?????? Hehehehehe

rdnelson99;1004396 wrote: In post #9 he says he has some. My initial thought was why would he have bought it if he wasn't dosing it. :) Of course later he says it was given to him.

SOOOO now who was it that celebrated too hard for the holidays Deb?????? Hehehehehe

I resemble that comment :up:
:)

So how's the Tri-Color looking?

Camellia;1004543 wrote: I resemble that comment :up:
:)

So how's the Tri-Color looking?

So took it to the LFS and had it cut above the bleached area and we tried to keep it in tact as possible. It did break up and I saved a couple big pieces, traded the LFS for other acro frags, and have some for sell. He did confirm that it was not STN or RTN mainly because there was no flesh coming off just bleaching. Thank you all for your help and input!

imagejpg1_zps2e75d817.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Camellia;1005643 wrote: Wow, that's a nice size!

Good to hear a positive ending :)

Yes especially with a nice colony like that, I would have been very disappointed to lose it

Back