Trigger Happy

cr500_af;724126 wrote: To those with "reef safe" triggers... do they coexist with stuff like cleaner shrimp? My hunch is no.

I use Scott Michael's "Marine Fishes" as a reference guide, but TONS of fish say "May eat small ornamental shrimps"... I don't know if he means "tiny ones" or "anything short of a Mantis".
Mine doesn't bother fire shrimp or peppermints.

I have had blue throats with cleaner shrimp with no problem - but each trigger differs

HogSnapper07;724151 wrote: +1 best looking trigger... period

WOW!
That IS a sweet Triggerfish!
...and does indeed come with a nice price tag. I dont think I could ever bring myself to pay over $500 for a fish.
Not to mention,
my wife would beat me over the head with a claw hammer.:bash:

BASSCYN;724310 wrote: WOW!
That IS a sweet Triggerfish!
...and does indeed come with a nice price tag. I dont think I could ever bring myself to pay over $500 for a fish.
Not to mention,
my wife would beat me over the head with a claw hammer.:bash:

They are awesome looking... and I know where there is a pair for $600. But you gotta buy the pair. :D

Well it may be cheaper than that here. My pair may go for $500 tomorrow if I decide to break down after this flood.

DawgFace;724316 wrote: Well it may be cheaper than that here. My pair may go for $500 tomorrow if I decide to break down after this flood.

So sorry for your troubles brother. I hope you get to keep them.

$500 is still a lot of cabbage.

Had a blue throat and he rocked .. They get big fast ...
I lost mine due to him jumping ... Haven't added another one since all the tank mates are happy.

They are known to jump so make sure you put a lid on your tank .....

Back