Tropical Storm Warning issued

Thanks @Shawn I was about to ask where @sharis100 is located so we can try to help out.

At the moment, I have been without power for 12-13 hours. My temperature is up about 1.5 degrees... because my A/C isn’t on. I’m happy it’s not summer.

Building a small 7Ah one later today most likely. Rest of the parts just arrived. If you have one of their return pumps like a Vectra you can also run that off the battery backup as well. There's a 12 to 36v booster cable for the return pump. The power heads fall back from 24 to 12v automatically but the return needs higher voltage. Nice that you can still run both off the same battery though. Will be glad to have more run time than we get off the current UPS unit.
I'm going to be shooting for 80-90Ah with one battery, double that if I use two. Going to need two of the 36v booster cables for the Vectra's.
Totally out of power and the generator we are getting is not installed yet. Probably gonna lose entire system :( as we have multiple trees down and no restoration estimate :(
Just seeing this. I'm not close to you either but I've got a generator if you need it. Probably be a 2 hour round trip but at 7500w it can fire all your systems up, with heat too.

I've offered my generator up, but nobody has felt the worth to make the drive. Shame.

please don't get offended or discouraged, those with power issue right now probably have other headaches to deal with as well. i know that some people can't even get out of their neighborhood. plus cochran is not exactly right down the street either. from where i'm at, you are a good 2hr drive or 4hr round trip at a minimum on a good day when the road is free from debris.

there's a few folks in the macon area, i'm sure they will reach out if they need your assistance. but do know that your offer to support is not unnoticed.

I've offered my generator up, but nobody has felt the worth to make the drive. Shame.
please don't get offended or discouraged, those with power issue right now probably have other headaches to deal with as well. i know that some people can't even get out of their neighborhood. plus cochran is not exactly right down the street either. from where i'm at, you are a good 2hr drive or 4hr round trip at a minimum on a good day when the road is free from debris.

there's a few folks in the macon area, i'm sure they will reach out if they need your assistance. but do know that your offer to support is not unnoticed.
I definitely appreciated the offer, but in addition no power I still have a tree on the roof of my house and had to be nearby all day because the insurance adjuster was due to come. Trust me, if not for that I would have made the drive, and this is a new tank. I was not looking forward to starting over.

with that timeline, might as well just reboot the tank.....good luck i really hope it's not as long as they say it will be. I know from experience they usually fix it before the promised date
We will see how resilient the tanks are. Both were without circulation for about 9 hours before I hooked the pumps up to my car with an inverter. Down for another 6 hours overnight and I have them circulating again now. We have a friend that can loan us 2 2,000 watt generators, so I think we will get through. One for the refrigerator and one for the tanks plus some. I found a 7500 watt generator to purchase in SC, but the problem is the weight of these things, 200 pounds for that one.

@Cook where are you located? I’ve seen plenty on Facebook market around town looking this morning.

I have two generators that I borrowed this morning to keep from buying something that was available versus a generator that has the features I want. We will be moving anyway, so the next house will have one wired in.

I have two generators that I borrowed this morning to keep from buying something that was available versus a generator that has the features I want. We will be moving anyway, so the next house will have one wired in.
Everything still alive with no losses?

Everything still alive with no losses?

So far no major losses. My baby clowns are suffering, I have lost about half of them. One of the generators has a dirty carb and just starts and dies, I don’t have enough capacity to run the heaters and the refrigerator. I’ll disassemble the carb in the morning.

The nems are upset, two days of no light has them on the move.

E332AA5A-FD9A-4938-8822-A14CD49D55C8.jpeg4074C54A-A3E3-4DEE-A6DE-C427FD4A9538.jpeg76C8E2D9-8242-4CB7-84C6-2ECE48044ECC.jpeg

We still have no power. Exhausted with trying to keep things going with invertor and car. So upset our generator was not scheduled For install until next week- talk about lousy timing. We have intermittent cell that basically is available late at night. GA Power fixed most of our area but not our street sadly. To those who know, How do you recharge a car battery used to power the invertor? Do you just keep buying car 12 v batteries? Confused so looking for advice.

We still have no power. Exhausted with trying to keep things going with invertor and car. So upset our generator was not scheduled For install until next week- talk about lousy timing. We have intermittent cell that basically is available late at night. GA Power fixed most of our area but not our street sadly. To those who know, How do you recharge a car battery used to power the invertor? Do you just keep buying car 12 v batteries? Confused so looking for advice.

You should be able to charge the dead one off one of your vehicles (with car running) with a pair of jumper cables. I connected my inverter to my car battery and left it running With a 100ft extension cord. I have a battery charger if you have someone with power that can charge it offline. I also have a battery in my firebird that should be charged if you need to borrow an extra. PM me if I can help.

Her power is back. Glad it's back on and glad I didn't drive down there and have it happen right as I got there.

I was changing the oil in the generator before I went down. It needed to be done anyway.

Back