Tunze algae scraper - wonderful

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I've been using the Tunze algae scrapper for several days now. Per recommendation from crew and LSU_fish I purchased it to save time on tank maintenance. The major time saver is not needing to put my hands in the tank on a daily basis.
This thing is so awesome, it's basically a magnet cleaner and blade scraper in one. It's small so less intrusive staying on the glass and you don't have to worry about sand getting under it. It's so much easier, you can go faster, get the sand bed and glass all in one swoop with one tool.

Highly recommended!

Now you have me interested. Which one do you use the nano, long, or strong version? Does anyone local sell this magnet?

shimshimshinil;1068518 wrote: Now you have me interested. Which one do you use the nano, long, or strong version? Does anyone local sell this magnet?

It really depends on the thickness of your glass. I use the strong, but most would probably be ok with the Long

there has been a craze about algae scrapers on here and YouTube lately lol

The Long and Strong are great... I've seen them used to good effect on several people's tanks.

The Nano version? eh... needs some work. At least on a curved corner tank it's VERY easy to separate the wet/dry sides while using it. To be fair, it does a great job of busting up the hard green not-yet-coraline algae that spots in places my nimble nano misses

gclackum;1068575 wrote: Anybody have these Local (Atlanta) area

You'll probably have better luck calling around. Most sponsors don't look at the various subforums on here outside of their own.

after reading all the recent posts I ordered one and it was delivered today. I had purposely put off cleaning the glass for two weeks to see how well this thing does. I ordered the strong and was waiting for me when I went home for lunch.

I cleaned my cube in less than 10 mins and was happy with how it performed. I always procrastinated tank maintenance because I didn't want to put my hands in the tank.

This this was a little pricey, but the convenience factor makes it worth while.

if you really want to get crazy, swap out the plastic blade for the metal one. I've only used the metal blade now for about 4 months. 0 rust and I can't remember the last time I had to make more than one pass on anytihng.

Ok enough of me following this thread ordered the strong one,hopefully its worth the price

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I saw this on BRS and got the long. It works awesome but I think the strong may have worked better. I want to say my glass thickness is 3/4in. definitely recommend this product though</span></span>

Tanked;1068656 wrote: <span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I saw this on BRS and got the long. It works awesome but I think the strong may have worked better. I want to say my glass thickness is 3/4in. definitely recommend this product though</span></span>

sell your long to a member and upgrade :up:

thanhreef;1068692 wrote: Does it work well with acrylic tank?

Hard to say - but my gut says yes. The default set up is a plastic blade at around a 45 degree angle. I would assume that wouldn't scratch, but don't quote me.

Edit: The product description says "Why care? This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefore even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade."

I dont know if that means use only the plastic blade or not.

thanhreef;1068692 wrote: Does it work well with acrylic tank?
I use it for glass with the metal blade but it would work just as well without the blade on acrylic. Bulk reef supply on YouTube did a spotlight on it that sums it up really well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back