Turn your Apple Device into a WebCam

Tried using an iPhone5 and it's just been inconsistent. Had trouble connecting to the stream with my 5S on the local network and now the streaming device can't connect to the AtHome servers now. Might be too finicky for me.

RedStang;1008210 wrote: Tried using an iPhone5 and it's just been inconsistent. Had trouble connecting to the stream with my 5S on the local network and now the streaming device can't connect to the AtHome servers now. Might be too finicky for me.

Server is currently down today according to their website.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give this a try when I get home. Do you think this will work with an old iPhone4? I have one laying around collecting dust I can velcro to the side of my tank and then use my note 3 to view.

Hnguyen;1008343 wrote: Thanks for the info. I'll have to give this a try when I get home. Do you think this will work with an old iPhone4? I have one laying around collecting dust I can velcro to the side of my tank and then use my note 3 to view.

It should since it can do video. Now that their servers are backup mine is back to working. I'd recommend finding a place to mount it at least 6-12 inches from the tank though or your view will be very limited.

I don't think their server is back at all, been trying to generate a QR code to establish communication between two android phone but haven't had good luck. Keeps saying try again later

I actually didn't register as it sounds funny that info you share with an app could be used for others to use the same camera or phone you use to watch hmm, let me scratch my head.

Yep it is back up. I just left for the 4 day weekend and I set it up on my tripod before I left using tape.

16289259845_43d6785696_c.jpg
alt="" />

Update with this app. I have had this app running on the old iPhone 5s since original post. The phone is not experiencing any issues. The only time the app went down was when the app's server was down for maintenance.

I would recommend to not use the screen black feature because that can crash the app. It crashed on initial setup when I was testing it but the app hasn't crash since not using that feature.

Genesis;1009810 wrote: I used a similar technique. Here is a YouTube video I did on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4J1MIOkOsA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4J1MIOkOsA</a>[/QUOTE]

Nice. I had thought about skype before getting this app and the features of this app sold me more than skype did. The ability to record, take images, swap cameras(rear to front), and flash sold me on this app. I often swap the rear to front camera alot to see how the the rest of the room is. I try to see if my patio door has been broken into or any kind of out the normal thing is going on in the background.

Nice video btw.

Mine has worked for me other than the same server maintenance/outage that affected Marquise. FWIW, I've had the screen dimmed for days and it still worked.

RedStang;1009829 wrote: Mine has worked for me other than the same server maintenance/outage that affected Marquise. FWIW, I've had the screen dimmed for days and it still worked.
Glad it worked out for you. Hmm...may be an issue directly with my phone like the ios update that causes crash with the "screen off". Good to know. May work for some. I would suggest others test that on their phone before using that feature while going away for some days.

Back