Um... Some help please

scramer74

Market
Reaction score
Sooo, I was trying to move a little frag of zoas and one of my clowns snipped my hand, scared the crap out of me, so I dropped the zoas and the whole thing slipped down into a rock hole.

I don't have long tweezers, I can barely see them. Any suggestions on how to get them without pulling all the rock out?

Can you start a siphon in you water change hose, stick it into the hole? If you get it over your zoas, they should stick to the bottom of the house, or suck through, depending on the size!

Haha. My clowns make an occasional nip at me, too.

You can try this to retrieve the zoas: Take your powerhead (assuming it's easily removable), and just try to blow the zoas out of the rock hole.

A long stick ( a dowel will work) and a dab of gel super glue works well assuming a straight shot to the frag

Ah! Thanks guys! All great ideas! I'll try them all tomorrow :) ya, the bigger of my clowns is very protective of his wife. I don't think they laid any eggs, but he did not like me in that area of the tank. Kept having to shew him away from my hand. What happened to not bitting the hand that feeds you!? Gez.

scramer74;1021436 wrote: Sooo, I was trying to move a little frag of zoas and one of my clowns snipped my hand, scared the crap out of me, so I dropped the zoas and the whole thing slipped down into a rock hole.

I don't have long tweezers, I can barely see them. Any suggestions on how to get them without pulling all the rock out?

We have rescued 5 doxies so far, currently have 3...are you part of an organization?

scramer74;1021451 wrote: Ah! Thanks guys! All great ideas! I'll try them all tomorrow :) ya, the bigger of my clowns is very protective of his wife. I don't think they laid any eggs, but he did not like me in that area of the tank. Kept having to shew him away from my hand. What happened to not bitting the hand that feeds you!? Gez.

He is a she :). The larger clown is the female.

rdnelson99;1021503 wrote: He is a she :). The larger clown is the female.

yup this is pretty common in the fish world (and sometimes in the human world too lol).............

Picoreefguy;1021506 wrote: yup this is pretty common in the fish world (and sometimes in the human world too lol).............

Especially with the people you hang with. :)

IF it helps, I picked up long scissors and forceps (stainless steel) from Harbor Freight for pretty cheep.

Ralph ATL;1021498 wrote: We have rescued 5 doxies so far, currently have 3...are you part of an organization?

Oh wow! you rescued 5?! That's so great!!! Aren't they the best? I do some stuff with Dream Rescue. I rescued my sweet boy from Atlanta Humane Society. Do you ever go to Halloweenie in Oct? It's adorable. I volunteer every year for that.

Picoreefguy;1021506 wrote: yup this is pretty common in the fish world (and sometimes in the human world too lol).............

hehee, well YA! Men always need the woman to take charge and handle everything. We have to be bigger so we can sit on people :)

fishtank;1021516 wrote: IF it helps, I picked up long scissors and forceps (stainless steel) from Harbor Freight for pretty cheep.

Oh that's a great place for that stuff. I forgot they have some of that type of stuff there. Thank you! AND there's one right down the street from me.

My female (or femalizing??) clown has recently become very territorial, and will now nip me every time I put my hand in...scared me half to death the first time, but it kind of tickles now, heheh. She will also now reprimand her boyfriend if he steps out of line and eats before she gets any food. Not that that has any correlation with the human world....necessarily... ;)

ChristopherT;1021529 wrote: My female (or femalizing??) clown has recently become very territorial, and will now nip me every time I put my hand in...scared me half to death the first time, but it kind of tickles now, heheh. She will also now reprimand her boyfriend if he steps out of line and eats before she gets any food. Not that that has any correlation with the human world....necessarily... ;)

LOL !! that's too funny! Ladies first is what I always say :) Yes, mine are becoming very territorial!! their stressing me out. I added a small yellow watchman goby this weekend, and they were fine with him the first few days, now they stalk him hover over his hiding spot and the poor thing hasn't come out of his whole under the rocks in days. Not sure what to do. It's actually the smaller one, "the husband" who is stalking the goby more. hmmm....

What clowns do you have? The darker the color of the clownfish, typically the more dominant they are. Maroon clowns are extremely territorial.

No, they're are just standard Percula. They were the only fish in my tank for about 2 wks. Maybe that's the problem?

Back