Unable to control using Apex Fusion

kilee1959

Reaction score
I have Apex Gold that is set up with my tank. I am currently using old interface because I can't not get the apex fusion to control the outlets. Funny thing is that I can access the FUSION and everything BUT can't control from it. I have contacted the apex and they gave me a one answer and that was to enable apex fusion from the old interface. I did that. Didn't work. I tried from the display. That didnt work either. At this point I just have no idea what need to be done.

-I am able to control using old interface,
-I am connected to apex fusion,
-I have enabled the fusion control
-I can watch apex fusion updating when I make changes in the old interface,
-It just wont let me control :(

If you are a guru in this matter, Please help.

Pictures of apex dashboard and the fusion.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1004183=58324-20141225_103402.jpg
>
1004183=58324-20141225_103402.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20141225_103402.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1004183=58325-20141225_103609.jpg
>
1004183=58325-20141225_103609.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20141225_103609.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1004183=58323-20141225_103639.jpg
>
1004183=58323-20141225_103639.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20141225_103639.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

On the Authorization tab what is your user access set to? If it got set to view somehow that would explain it.

These are the different levels:
View
Can look, but can't touch.

Control
Can view and control the Apex via the dashboard.

Program
Can view, control, and change programming.

Manage
Can view, control, program, and manage users.

Owner
Owner of this Apex.

could be that ^

did you get the "key" or "link" whatever you had to do at the beginning to sync the apex and fusion?

I am the owner of the apex, also added one of friend with apex as manager but that still didnt work.

If anyone is able to fix the problem for me, I be greatful and be donating/offering some LE corals.
Thank you.

one more idea. Under setting on fusion, there is a way to have a safety cover "on".. Have you checked that?

Display

To avoid accidental activation, dashboard controls can have safety covers.
By default, covers will be present on a touchscreen device; change that here if you'd like something different. Compare the options using this sample control.
When a cover is present, swipe or drag left to open; swipe or tap to close.
This device does not have touchscreen support.

SAMPLEON
OFFAUTOON
ON

Add safety covers:
Never
On touchscreen devices
On all devices

It would not seem to be safety covers as it doesn't look like its reading your prams correctly either, right?

Have you tried to reset? Did you reboot?

If you don't get an answer here ask at the Neptune System fourum, they are very helpful.

Thanks guys for all the tips. I know how safety "slider" works from my buddy's apex using adroid.
I mean I tried everything that is there to be done. I think it has to do with networking or someting and not from the fusion it self.

The reason the parameters are all whacked out because I took the unit out to hardwire to the moderm trying to work on it. It is a gold apex and It reads everything fine when conected (probes) and such from the display and the old interface. Still digging and hopping someone had same problem and find a way to solve it. Hehe

kilee1959;1004280 wrote: Thanks guys for all the tips. I know how safety "slider" works from my buddy's apex using adroid.
I mean I tried everything that is there to be done. I think it has to do with networking or someting and not from the fusion it self.

The reason the parameters are all whacked out because I took the unit out to hardwire to the moderm trying to work on it. It is a gold apex and It reads everything fine when conected (probes) and such from the display and the old interface. Still digging and hopping someone had same problem and find a way to solve it. Hehe

Yeah, gotta be frustrating because Fusion was a huge advance is ease of use and for remote access. Have you tried saving your config, resetting the unit, configure fusion, and then importing your config back in?

Don't be afraid to contact Neptune directly. They've provided great support the one or two times I've had a question.

No, I havn't changed anythingvin the apex setup. I am using it as just plug in at the moment until I can control it from fuaion. I know, I need to be home and call apex and have them log into my computer and fix it for me if possible. I just work and am never home in the day time.

Back