update on animals from my 90 gal break down

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
well its been around 2 mounths since i broke down my 90 and i wanted to know how the animals you got from me are doing i only know of one death but the fish was hurt and i gave him away
thanks
victor

Well, I didn't get any fish from you but your Vortechs are doing great! Of course, they are still in the box but Bud used them while his were in the shop.
BZ

I got my first batch of chaeto from ya for my new fuge. it hung on for a while but over the last few weeks began disapearing. There is only a VERY small amout left. I still dont full understand why it didnt grow. I picked up a couple of tips. It was either light, flow or water quality (being too good that is)...

:eek:fftopic:

Stopped myself...I think I will start a new thread.

Hey thanks for the chaeto!

The purple tang has doubled in size. And the clam really filled up my angels belly!! (sorry).

Fire and Ice zoe is still kicking, even survived Zoe Pox, after treatment....

Jason

a rock fell on the scribble rabbitfish while i was not home so it died, last week.

blind1993;203790 wrote: a rock fell on the scribble rabbitfish while i was not home so it died, last week.
BS.
Uhhhmmmm. I don't think a rock is really capable of crushing and killing a fish...Wouldn't the force of the fall move the fish out of the way? I'm calling your bluff. BTW, the onyx (aka g and w are doing great).

MvM;203793 wrote: BS.
Uhhhmmmm. I don't think a rock is really capable of crushing and killing a fish...Wouldn't the force of the fall move the fish out of the way? I'm calling your bluff. BTW, the onyx (aka g and w are doing great).

ok, you can believe what you want but that is what my family told me and i dont think they have any reason to lie, they liked the fish.

I dont think that a rock could fall on a fish. He may of hid under a rock and died but the fish is going to sense the water movement through its lateral line and it will move avoiding the rock.

I am a newbie in the saltwater scene, so is it relatively impossible for falling rocks to kill fish? I have had a couple of large rocks fall and always wondered if it was common or uncommon for fish to get smashed..

thedeper;203813 wrote: I am a newbie in the saltwater scene, so is it relatively impossible for falling rocks to kill fish? I have had a couple of large rocks fall and always wondered if it was common or uncommon for fish to get smashed..

Well, a quick answer is likely no. Maybe a very small, very slow moving fish (mandarin, goby, etc). But it is quite near impossible for this to happen to a agile nimble fish like a rabbitfish.

For fear of this turning into another "bash Blind" thread- dude, you seriously need to stop making excuses and avoiding responsibility. We have ALL accidentally killed fish through poor husbandry, negligence, whatever. But, every time you make some absurd excuse as to why it wasnt your fault, you will get attacked. And you will never ever become a better aquarist. Find out what really did this fish in, and reverse it. That is what will make you better at aquarium keeping, not seraching for some outlandish excuse as to why it wasnt your fault.

OMG, i have not been home most of the summer i am just home in the mornings to feed the fish and at night to feed them and sleep. i am not avioding any responsibilty i feed the fish 2 times a day and kept up with my water parameters. the fish was always fat from vics tank to mine.

you guys do know sometimes fish do stupid things like follow some random bubbles or something and maybe thats what happened maybe not.

blind1993;203955 wrote: OMG, i have not been home most of the summer i am just home in the mornings to feed the fish and at night to feed them and sleep. i am not avioding any responsibilty i feed the fish 2 times a day and kept up with my water parameters. the fish was always fat from vics tank to mine.

you guys do know sometimes fish do stupid things like follow some random bubbles or something and maybe thats what happened maybe not.

OK, I guess this will ahve to turn into a debate then. So, your claim, is that a totally healthy and well fed rabbitfish, had a piece of rock fall onto it, which killed it? That is nonsense, and you ARE dodging responsibility. Just like your yellow tang which "got sucked into the powerhead and died from the injuries", these fish would not EVER let a piece of rock fall on them to kill them. They are very swift, agile, and graceful swimmers. And rocks do not fall that fast in water.

Belivee whatever you want, but until you come to the terms with the fact that healthy fish do not die in the catastrohpic inicdences which only seem to occur in your tank, you will neverbeciome a better aquarist. Good luck to you.

jmaneyapanda;203959 wrote: OK, I guess this will ahve to turn into a debate then. So, your claim, is that a totally healthy and well fed rabbitfish, had a piece of rock fall onto it, which killed it? That is nonsense, and you ARE dodging responsibility. Just like your yellow tang which "got sucked into the powerhead and died from the injuries", these fish would not EVER let a piece of rock fall on them to kill them. They are very swift, agile, and graceful swimmers. And rocks do not fall that fast in water.

Belivee whatever you want, but until you come to the terms with the fact that healthy fish do not die in the catastrohpic inicdences which only seem to occur in your tank, you will neverbeciome a better aquarist. Good luck to you.

dude, i did accept the responsibilty of the yellow tang and i am not going to post any more becasue i dont have to defend myself, you guys can believe what you want. plus jmaney i will not argue with you becasue you are knolegable and i will probably need your help one day.

blind1993;203963 wrote: plus jmaney i will not argue with you becasue you are <span style="color: red;">nolegeable </span>and i will probably need your help one day.

dude, you're the best, for that alone.

Do me a favor, dont delude yourself into thinking that this is how that fish died. It is more likely that alien Elvis impersonators shot him from a grassy knoll. Look into why this fish might've legitmiatel;y died, because what you describve is very unlikely.

Vic, the tank sat in my garage until last weekend. I moved my 75 over to the 90 and its doing good. Thanks again.

Nick

Back