****Update. Screen shots of our major website update

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
Update:******** I discovered an error in our coding and our third party developer will need a few hours to correct it.  We may still be able to go live tomorrow morning, but is completely  dependant on our programmers.  Ill update everyone early in the mornng.

We are in the final testing phase of our major website update and it should be finalized today.  Once we get through the testing we will go live.  This process should only take a few hours and we will have a splash page setup with a countdown.  You will also be able to add your email address to receive an email when the site it back up.  We will most likely push the updates Thursday afternoon (tomorrow).

I wanted to give everyone a few screen shots of the new site.  I apologize for the huge pictures.  :)

Desktop version (main forums)

za3lsoqi5w10cnxdikxjz5xnmsjgdnz2.PNG
alt="" width="932" height="699" />

Desktop version (posts page)

soxqjedcgk8xwx524c27ab8ptz7iv9ke.PNG

Desktop version (profile page)

tb2gt4zn0m291ykcvtm4ug02fbfnv37f.PNG

The mobile version (main forum page)

tobh317eiwcd0v0w83zpf1j2tds8t0gd.png
alt="" width="932" height="1657" />

Mobile version (posts page)

zvp8besh1eqhprxq5q0e9ia4479cw2ym.png

Mobile version (profile page)

4hwlsy5y65zic9g1vss9qe1iyb6h411y.png

Looks good. Recent Activity is recent posts, right? Not MY Recent activity?

Thankyou.  We're really excited about this release.  The most recent activity is site most recent posts.  The folders also open and close which dictates whether there is new information in that Forum that you have not personally viewed yet.  :)

Why did you guys change the layout? I liked the simplicity of the original one

This layout is very intuative, easy to read, has coded logic folders and also links posts to the Authors profile.  Its look and feels great on mobile, desktop and tablets.  We have gone to great lengths to get this completed and provides nearly all of the options our members  had requested over the last couple of months.   I will be building a faq Q&A for questions and answers to basic functuality and more suggestions for improvement.

There is so much more to it than I am introducing now. :).

EcoReefGuy
NOVEMBER 15, 2017 AT 11:52 AM
Why did you guys change the layout? I liked the simplicity of the original one
The old forum was run on vBulletin 3.8 and the latest version is v5. I could post a lot of links about how bad it is and how that platform is going down hill. But if you do a little searching you'll see real quick why it wasn't a good option for us to go in that direction. Every different forum platform is just that, different. So the layout of all of them is going to be slightly different.

With this latest change we are trying to make it as simple as we possibly can while still giving the users more options than we ever would have had with VB. I think we all wish that this whole thing would have gone much better and quicker than it has. But instead of fumbling around and creating more issues with the site as we fumbled, it was decided to stop making changes, keep the site as functional as possible and bring in a 3rd party to get it right. With this 3rd party we will be able to continue to apply upgrades and improvements as they are released by them. We're just sorry it's taken as long as it has. All we can ask is that you give it a try once it's out and see what you think.

I just wanted to let everyone know our third party developers are working on the coding issue now.  :)

We are still waiting for them to complete their work.  We are hoping to have an update on their progress soon.

I apologize for the delay.  The third party developer is still working on coding issue we discovered late last night.  As soon as I get my update from them I will post our go live time frame.  :)  Thankyou for your patience.

In the mean time if anyone is interested in test driving the new updated website. Please send me a pm and keep in mind this is limited to a few people.  :)

Our third party developer is still working on 3 issues which were detected Wednesday night. We had hoped to have it completed before today so that we could push the website update this morning. Its very important to the BoD that this update functions as intended.

Once we receive the update we will determine the slowest time on the site so we wont inconvenience our community.   It will be well worth the wait.  Several members who have viewed it have commented that it has a familiar look and feel to Vbulletin and other reefing sites.

Our third party developer has completed their work on our major update.  We are now trying to decide on the day and time this week to push the update.  We will be down for a few hours while we complete the updates.

Once we determine the best time we will send out a site wide notice to all users and post a sticky in club announcements.

Fyi: During the time we are down we will have a splash page up in maintence mode.

Back