Urgent - Worm ID, Please!

curator

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;">I bought a chunk of live rock yesterday, gave it quick iodine dip, rinsed it (nothing came out), then placed it in my tank.</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">Today, I took it out to break up into smaller pieces; I'm replacing my bioballs with it. After placing the fragments in my sump, I went back out to clean up the sidewalk where I had broken it up, and found a worm in the rubble. I placed it in a bowl with saltwater. It began about 1 1/2 inches and very plump at one end. Shortly thereafter, one end began telescoping one and stretched to about 4 inches. It is pale tan-colored with darker bands on the part it telescopes out, which gets narrow toward the end. My camera is at work, otherwise I'd provide you with an image.</span>
<span style="color: black;">Anyone know what it is...and whether or not I should put it back in my tank?</span>
<span style="color: black;">Many thanks,</span>
<span style="color: black;">John</span>

Curator;143017 wrote: <span style="color: black;">I bought a chunk of live rock yesterday, gave it quick iodine dip, rinsed it (nothing came out), then placed it in my tank.</span>

<span style="color: black;">Today, I took it out to break up into smaller pieces; I'm replacing my bioballs with it. After placing the fragments in my sump, I went back out to clean up the sidewalk where I had broken it up, and found a worm in the rubble. I placed it in a bowl with saltwater. It began about 1 1/2 inches and very plump at one end. Shortly thereafter, one end began telescoping one and stretched to about 4 inches. It is pale tan-colored with darker bands on the part it telescopes out, which gets narrow toward the end. My camera is at work, otherwise I'd provide you with an image.</span>

<span style="color: black;">Anyone know what it is...and whether or not I should put it back in my tank?</span>

<span style="color: black;">Many thanks,</span>

<span style="color: black;">John</span>

John... does it look anything like what I just posted?

showthread.php

Curator;143025 wrote: Not exactly, but similar. What is that, and it is good or bad?

No clue. Thought it might be a snail that came out of its shell. Seems to have a proboscis

<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> </span></span>Here it is! It's a peanut worm...(Phylum Sipuncula), and I guess it's good! Back in tank it goes.

a>

Brandon...touche!

I know I'd have to get up very early in the morning to beat you to the punch!
(however, I did post the image!)

Thanks

Xyzpdq0121;143051 wrote: Beat ya to the ID!!! One point for me...

This point thing is really going crazy! Lets use a point system to gauge a members reputation!

That would be cool and alot of fun! We could have something like some cool colored boxes or something.

Back