Using Reef-Roids and the results

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I think I've found the coral fountain of youth!! I started using Reef-Roids about 3 weeks ago and the results have been amazing! I'm sold on this stuff and will continue it's use until .... well hopefully forever.

I had always had issues keeping monti caps and was having issues with duncans and spongodes (I've probably spelled that wrong but you know what I mean). Loosing color, lack of growth, bleaching out or just even plain old death. No more! Since dosing Reef-Roids....some of what I thought was dead has actually come back and is coming back strong! I had 2 heads of a duncan that you couldn't even see the meat on and those two heads have come completely back. I had a spongades that was completely gone...or so I thought and it has almost completely come back and I've noticed new growth. A piece of Meteor Shower that only had a couple of eyes left and no surrounding material has several eyes and new "skin" growing across the skeleton. My Tumpets have expanded more than ever before. My Acros have great color.

If you're having issues with any of these and can't seem to figure it out because you think everything in your tank is spot on......try this product or something similar and see if it doesn't change your results.

Was your tank too clean (low in nutrients) before and the reef roids increased your nutrient levels perhaps?

How are you feeding? Turkey baster and tank water?

Nope. I mix 1 teaspoon in 100ml of tank water, turn off all pumps and spread it across the tank surface. It drifts very well even though the pumps are off. Pumps come back on 15 mins later.

Oh Man. I just started red sea reef energy a&b supplements last night. Too early to tell but if this dont work out (well, I just want some growth) I give reef -roids a try. :)

project1004;989941 wrote: Oh Man. I just started red sea reef energy a&b supplements last night. Too early to tell but if this dont work out (well, I just want some growth) I give reef -roids a try. :)

It works. I use it. I have had increased growth since use from zoas to sps. I want to reef roids a try but I want to mix it with my Reef Chili that I feed now.

MarquiseO;989963 wrote: It works. I use it. I have had increased growth since use from zoas to sps. I want to reef roids a try but I want to mix it with my Reef Chili that I feed now.

How have you liked the reef chili? I've been using it now for about 4-5 months and my tank looks great. It's hard to tell about these things,, is it just time and good husbandry, lights, flow? I don't know. I put reef breeders over my tank replacing the MH's about 3-4 months ago and they have done my tank wonders. So I don't know, I'll certainly keep using the R chili just due to the feeding response from everything in the tank so the corals must love it!!

Mikesmith34;989994 wrote: How have you liked the reef chili? I've been using it now for about 4-5 months and my tank looks great. It's hard to tell about these things,, is it just time and good husbandry, lights, flow? I don't know. I put reef breeders over my tank replacing the MH's about 3-4 months ago and they have done my tank wonders. So I don't know, I'll certainly keep using the R chili just due to the feeding response from everything in the tank so the corals must love it!!

I mixed my reef chili with grounded up NLS pellets and flakes. I have no fish so I had to get rid of the food so it wouldn't be a waste. My zoas have sprouted extra polyps since but it is not 100% that the mix alone did it because I, also, dose red sea energy A & B.

I never dosed anything for corals until Monday for 5 years I been in this hobby. Other than Lugol. I been mainly concern with good husbandry and I am now happy with my system. Which means no more tweaking for awhile i hope. So I am finally getting into dosing food for corals.

I been using fish poop for the food. lol I watched how calcium and alkalinity and magnesium effects the growth and how lighting (from 4 bulb T5 to chinese LED to reef breeders photon full spectrium) effects the growth. And water change is the best solutions. :)

Mikesmith34;989994 wrote: Is it just time and good husbandry, lights, flow? I don't know.

That's what I've always wondered too. The kind of people who feed this kind of stuff are seemingly likely to be the folks who take the best care of their tank too. Personally, fuel did nothing for me. At least that I could observe.....

It is more so of "experiences may vary". I think any product will work as intended in a tank with the proper parameters. A stressed coral won't feed, therefore, if you are dosing a product while they are stressed, it won't work.

MarquiseO;990067 wrote: It is more so of "experiences may vary". I think any product will work as intended in a tank with the proper parameters. A stressed coral won't feed, therefore, if you are dosing a product while they are stressed, it won't work.

That is a very good point. So it's hard to tell, a healthy tank has healthy corals. As to the comment as fish poop for food, fish poo is very good food. By feeding your tank well the inhabitants will feed the corals well. With all that said I will still use my chili cause it ain't broke and I aint fixin it:shades:

Back