Vertex skimmer replacement parts

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find replacement parts for Vertex skimmers? I broke the shaft that connects the base to the bubble plate. Their site seems to be down but they still sell their equipment so I assume they’re still in business.

Might be able to find some parts out on the interwebs somewhere but not direct for sure.

I'm betting the Cerebra did them in.

If it's an acrylic piece you should be able to use Weld On to repair it.
@dball711 isn't too far from you and if you bring it to him he may be able to help.
Otherwise see if there's anyone in your area that has what's needed and can help.

If you use super glue on acrylic it will craze like a SOB.

Alternatively, some of us have 3D printers that may be able to create a new part with something reef safe. This is exactly the type of thing that many of us bought 3D printers to deal with.

If you want to get a 3D printed replacement part, you need a 3D model of it or you may want to get the broken part to someone who can scan and model the part for a print.

I wouldn't give up hope on a plastic part that should be replaceable with a printed part.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Superglue seems to be doing a good job. Gonna let it sit for the rest of the day before reassembling it. 3D printing will be my last resort

If it's like my Vertex, those pieces are PVC. You might be better off with PVC glue.

That is the piece but on mine it’s like a ceramic or plastic material not acrylic.

Back